Maver Rod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maver Rod!

Anyone used a Maver Carp Genesis Extreme 12ft 3lb Carp Rod? Just ordered one to use up the mull next week, There around £70 on most websites but found a shop selling them £29.99 brand new

Canny bargin there mate, nice one.

Never used one myself, but I've talked to lads at caterick and the Angel of the north lakes that use them (only by chance as a was asking about gear to use for there, a went up for a nose about ), and those lads were happy with them.

They said they were decent for the price, so a guess its a good buy mate.
    Last edited by <(Andy2009)>; 30-03-2012, 01:09 AM.
    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Cheers Andy, Hopefully catch my first wrasse on it

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
        Cheers Andy, Hopefully catch my first wrasse on it
        A wouldnt recommend a carp rod for wrasse fishing...

I was talking to 'Scotty91' earlier and explaining why not to use a carp rod for spinning, the reason being its a bit long and can tire your arm after a while as its heavy, this could affect the same way when your wrasse fishing on the rocks too...

My spinning rod (Berkley Cherrywood Pro 10ft) suits all that range down to the ground, use it for spinning, float fishing, legering for wrasse, etc, and it does the job brilliantly, cannit complain one bit.

Comment

I was only going to use it solely for float fishing, Will be using my spinning rod for spinning

Comment

I was only going to use it solely for float fishing, Will be using my spinning rod for spinning
            Still, would suggest you get some heavier floats to so there easier to fish on a rod of 3lb test curve. It'll be canny for legering like, get some good sport off those feisty wrasse! Have fun!

Comment

I have quite a few savage gear carp/pike 25 & 35g floats and some shakespeare 30 & 50g sea floats and a few lighter ones hopefully there ok, Cheers hopefully come back with a decent catch report
              Last edited by OuTkast76; 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I have quite a few savage gear carp/pike 25 & 35g floats and some shakespeare 30 & 50g sea floats and a few lighter ones hopefully there ok, Cheers hopefully come bag with a decent catch report
                Good luck mate!

Comment

i use a fox carp rod, cant remember the model but its 3.5lb t.c. and i love it for heavy spinning and float fishing.

The length gives you better control, but i do have my ron thompson 10ft (again cant rememeber the mode)l, for my main spinning and light floating and stuff. Its a bit battered and feeling sorry for itself now though... may invest in a new one... i fancy the sk4, my mate has wont, beautiful rod like, long cast on it too, extra 20yard over my ron T, same line same lure ect.

But i think carp rods are fine for what you want the use out of it for mate, speaking from personal use aswell, i was suprised by the backbone in it

Comment

Working...
                  X