Anybody Had Problems With seafishingsupplies.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Had Problems With seafishingsupplies.co.uk

i am having some trouble with my order from said website, just wondering if anyone else has or am i just unlucky.
    orderd items on 3/6/2021 no indication items were out of stock so onto checkout paid for items and recieved confirmation email shown below.

Order Number: 27237
    Detailed Invoice: https://www.seafishingsupplies.co.uk...order_id=27237
    Date Ordered: Sunday 03 June, 2012

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x Gummi - Red - size 9/0 (pack of 50) (17-817-9/0) = £15.99
    1 x Gummi - Red / White - size 9/0 (Pack of 50) (17-820-9/0) = £15.99

Of the above items ordered, the following items will be despatched shortly, as soon as they arrive from our wholesaler.
    For estimated despatch dates, please check your Sea Fishing Supplies account.

Your card will not be charged for the items below until they are despatched:

1 x Gummi - Red - size 9/0 (pack of 50)
    1 x Gummi - Red / White - size 9/0 (Pack of 50)

All other items will be despatched immediately.

Sub-Total: £31.98
    (Economy) 1st class Royal Mail & / or Parcel Post for larger items Normally delivered within 1-5 Days from date of despatch GB : 300 grams: £1.49
    Total: £33.47

so checked my account i had set up with them to find it said back order waiting for stock,two days later checked bank account and money had came out for order,i thought ok there on the way "NOT" waited 10 working days as stated on website then sent them a message and email to which i have had no reply as yet.
    gutted i had paid for items i thought were in stock when supplier must have know they had none.
    hope this gives anyone thinking of ordering off this website a heads up !

Originally posted by splishspash View Post
    i am having some trouble with my order from said website, just wondering if anyone else has or am i just unlucky.
    orderd items on 3/6/2021 no indication items were out of stock so onto checkout paid for items and recieved confirmation email shown below.

Products

Of the above items ordered, the following items will be despatched shortly, as soon as they arrive from our wholesaler.

(Economy) 1st class Royal Mail & / or Parcel Post for larger items Normally delivered within 1-5 Days from date of despatch GB : 300 grams: £1.49

so checked my account i had set up with them to find it said back order waiting for stock,two days later checked bank account and money had came out for order,i thought ok there on the way "NOT" waited 10 working days as stated on website then sent them a message and email to which i have had no reply as yet.
    gutted i had paid for items i thought were in stock when supplier must have know they had none.
    If i was in your position,i would send an email telling them to cancel the order
    and refund your money.Unless they are based in China,this would be considered an unreasonable length of time waiting for an order by anyones
    standards.If they had communicated with you,informing you of a possible delay due to circumstances beyond their control,and asking if you were
    prepared to wait,fair enough,but this does'nt seem to be the case.If you're not prepares to wait any longer,get on their case!

Comment

aye i sent a message via their website asking the status of the order and when i checked my account they put something up saying they were waiting for stock from their supplier.it then gave me the option to cancel my order but they have still taken payment for my order on the 7/6/2012 if you read the confirmation email they sent they are only supposed to take payment when it has been posted,but they never had the items in stock in the first place.they are based in guernsey and have no contact number so emailed them to say that i would be contacting trading standards to see if i can get something sorted out.i feel like i've been conned paying for goods they never had.

Comment

aye i sent a message via their website asking the status of the order and when i checked my account they put something up saying they were waiting for stock from their supplier.it then gave me the option to cancel my order but they have still taken payment for my order on the 7/6/2012 if you read the confirmation email they sent they are only supposed to take payment when it has been posted,but they never had the items in stock in the first place.they are based in guernsey and have no contact number so emailed them to say that i would be contacting trading standards to see if i can get something sorted out.i feel like i've been conned paying for goods they never had.
        If you have emailed them to cancel your order,they have no choice but to
        reimburse you via your paying account.

Comment

i have sent 3 emails and messages to them with no reply but managed to find a contact number gonna ring them tomorrow,i know a member on here who has ordered some from the same website, i sent him a p.m. to see if he has confirmation his are in the post.its just a shame i didn't give him a heads up in time.

Comment

made an order on their website a while back, money went out my account when i made the order 3 days later money was returned to my account
            was going to put a post on about it at the time but forgot
            i wont be placing an order with them again

Comment

i think companies that have dubious trading methods should be named and shamed. i have now involved my bank to claim the money back that this tackle supplier should never have took in the first place.if i save one member the grief i had then my post will be worth it.

Comment

you need to wait 14 days I believe before a sent item will be considered lost in the post by the post office. Pretty poor though to have not responded to you emails

Comment

Should have used a local tackle shop mate.that's wot happens when you try to save a couple of quid.

Comment

Products

Don't worry matey if you paid by card your bank will get it back for you,mine did,took a few weeks if remember rightly

Comment

Originally posted by brix View Post
                      Should have used a local tackle shop mate.that's wot happens when you try to save a couple of quid.
                      There's plenty of good online tackle and bait suppliers..........just google em first

Comment

There is a massive red notice on their homepage saying that they are not trading. It has been there for months:

Sea Fishing Supplies UK ... sea fishing tackle for uk sea angling

Comment

"All outstanding back-orders will be either fulfilled very shortly, or refunded in full if below £10 in value."

Surely they shouldn't be accepting payments though?

I'd get on to your credit card.
                          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

thanks for the heads up m8, ive ordered a few bit n bobs from Glasgow angling centre be4 and had no problems with them

Comment

I used gerrys, Glasgow ,any and veals for years never once had a problem I also use my local dealers never a prob think its always best to stick to what you know

Comment

Working...
                              X