newbie to pier fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie to pier fishing

hello,sorry if this has been asked before.thinking about starting pier fishing next weekend off roker pier.could any members advise on what type of rod do i need and reel.also what rigs weights and other equipment bait do i need to get started.i was told to fish 2 hours before high tide till 2 hours after is that correct.thank you tommy.

surprised such a imformative forum no one has replied roker pier ya can catch fish any stage the tide ya just need the fish to be there really am sure others have more theory on this
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

2 hours before and after is a old rule of thumb to be honest fish are there diffrent times i like fishing the tide up but thats just me 5or6 oz gripper weights and any rod and reel will do for the pier really mate unless ya fishing the barrier were a stiff rod is recomended bait cant go wrong with rag and makkie this time of year and rigs u want two hook flappers with 1/0 hooks but am sure others will say otherwise lol

Comment

rigs u want two hook flappers
        Sorry I'm a newbie myself. Could someone please explain what a flapper rig is?

Comment

thanks lads,i will get my credit card out.

Comment

Hi Tommy m8 I use a zzeplex tornament rod and to fish at any time on Roker pier i always fish the tide 1 hour before high tide and an hour after so there you are m8 good luck to you

Comment

a flapper rig is a rig that you dont clip down

Comment

Originally posted by toddmeister View Post
                Sorry I'm a newbie myself. Could someone please explain what a flapper rig is?
                Try here mate heres a few rigs to try out

Last edited by kopite2k06; 15-09-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: link didnt work
                Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

rag n mackeral were deadly for whiting last night 2 at a time m8 good luck
                  KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                  PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                  PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                  OKUMA TRIO 55
                  YUKI RUBYMAR
                  RON THOMPSON TYRON
                  SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Working...
                  X