Which Bivvy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bivvy??

Cant decide which bivvy to get either the Chub S-plus max or the JRC Sti X-Lite, Has anyone used either of these ?

I had a good few bivvys including chub, best one i found for the money, was the spiderdome
    If its got t1ts or tyres, its gonna be trouble.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
      Cant decide which bivvy to get either the Chub S-plus max or the JRC Sti X-Lite, Has anyone used either of these ?
      I think your best bet,is to put the best bivvy question to google.Dedicated
      freshwater forums will no doubt have many Q+A discussions,regarding bivvies.
      The lads on these sites use their bivvies all year round,so you know they've
      been put through their paces by seasoned bivvy anglers.Some of them stay
      in them for weeks!
      I have a fair bit jrc gear,and although it's not the lightest,it's good heavy
      duty swag that lasts.

Comment

Thanks fella's, I have already done quite a bit homework and the chub has the better reviews of the both but just thought i would ask the question here also

Comment

Try the JRC STI twin skin mate, £150 and you have a winter wrap. Excellent value.

Comment

Cheers Jim i will have a look at one tomorrow

Comment

Cheers Jim i will have a look at one tomorrow
              I done a lot of research lately for my mates wife who wanted 1 for around £150 for his 40th.
              The JRC STI is a top class bivvy with an RRP of around £270, You can pick them up now for as little as £130 if you are lucky.
              Fishing republic Sunderland has one in for £150, You may get 10% club discount.

The main advantage is you are getting the winter wrap, This is a must this time of year, even good in heavy rain, bird crap etc.

My other mate has had 1 for years and my mate who turned 40 was over the moon with his.
              Last edited by Jimk2; 15-03-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I'm planning to look in fishing republic and dragon carp tomorrow morning so will have a good look at them, Thanks for the info much appreciated

Comment

The jrc stuff was decent when dave lane was with them, the chub gear is
                  decent, have a look at the prologic stuff, id give dragon a wide berth.
                  But if you go down sunderland, ask for mark, he'll keep you right.
                  If its got t1ts or tyres, its gonna be trouble.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem

Comment

The JRC twinskin sti is £219 in fishing republic compared to £149 in Go outdors in newcastle so will probably have a dodge over there tomorrow

Comment

The JRC twinskin sti is £219 in fishing republic compared to £149 in Go outdors in newcastle so will probably have a dodge over there tomorrow
                      When I was there a few weeks ago they had 1 boxed ready to go for £150.

Go-outdoors was selling them in the sale for £127 but it was the Manchester and York outlets and they won't deliver them.

Comment

Yea they dont have any in stock at go outdoors so either nets or fishing republic it looks like

Comment

Yea they dont have any in stock at go outdoors so either nets or fishing republic it looks like
                          Let us know what you get, That's the trouble in the North East, We don't have a tackle shop that stocks a massive amount of gear.

If you go to the likes of Bristol anlging, England angling, Sues angling you are spoiled for choice.

Go outdoors are good for the bivvys as they have them up for you to view.

Comment

I will do, Gonna head off about 10 to see what i can find

Comment

Go Outdoors only had a few choices so went to fishing republic and you were right jim they had a boxed sti twin skin boxed ready to go so i asked the lad and he said the 1 man or 2 man to which i replied the 1 man...then i asked which was the 2 man as my mate wanted one, he showed me it was on display and the same price at £149.99 so got the 2 man! Bargain for the same price as the 1 man

Comment

Working...
                              X