Any Abu experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Abu experts?

Can anybody please help me i.d the spool that is in my, alleged 6500 mag elite, green.

Its a silver ultracast spool with 4x9x4 bearings in the spool. The reel foot number dates the reel as a '74 but i am lead to believe that ultracast spools were 80's onwards and other abu's i have had have been 4x10x4
    Possibilitys i have found are -

ABU 323 – ABU 523 – ABU 823 – ABU MAG III – ABU ULTRA MAG III – ABU XLT3
    From Blackdog and Rocket reel co websites

I don't know if the cage and spool seem small or if its me using the 535 too long
    Pic of reel -

Can anybody help clear this up for me?
    Thanks
    Species for 2012- Mackerel, Pollock, Codling 3lb 1oz, Whiting, Coley, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, LS Dogfish, Launce, Blenny, Weaver, Lobster, Rockling, Short spined sea scorpion, Pouting
    Lure caught 2012 - Mackerel, Pollock, Coley, Launce, Weaver
    Species for 2013 so far - Dab, Codling, Eelpout, Coley, Lobster, SS Sea Scorpion
    Lure caught 2013 -

Take what you need and leave the rest to breed

reel

i have a 5500 green mag elite also a green abu from the 70s its a 6000d i would have to pull a cupboard out to find it to measure it if you have no more takes
    Last edited by d-a; 07-04-2013, 04:37 PM.
    old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Originally posted by d-a View Post
      i have a 5500 green mag elite also a green abu from the 70s its a 6000d i would have to pull a cupboard out to find it to measure it if you have no more takes
      Nice one mate, cheers
      Species for 2012- Mackerel, Pollock, Codling 3lb 1oz, Whiting, Coley, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, LS Dogfish, Launce, Blenny, Weaver, Lobster, Rockling, Short spined sea scorpion, Pouting
      Lure caught 2012 - Mackerel, Pollock, Coley, Launce, Weaver
      Species for 2013 so far - Dab, Codling, Eelpout, Coley, Lobster, SS Sea Scorpion
      Lure caught 2013 -

Take what you need and leave the rest to breed

Comment

Working...
      X