No announcement yet.

rod advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing here reading this quite funny answer that Andrew thought same myself many times all these extra stiffened up rods people keep getting fast way to a bad back.

Comment

the problem is lads my back is not a 100% at the best of times ongoing lower back problem, but my casting has improved a lot .
      but I have my faults need some help from a nesa member.
      been going to try and get up onto the football field for some practice but you always get not caught out m8 ,or the tides out, nee fish in this field.
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
        the problem is lads my back is not a 100% at the best of times ongoing lower back problem, but my casting has improved a lot .
        but I have my faults need some help from a nesa member.
        been going to try and get up onto the football field for some practice but you always get not caught out m8 ,or the tides out, nee fish in this field.
        If you ever get down to the spiles @ Seaham i'm more than willing to try & help you out with your casting m8. I don't profess to be any sort of expert but I do O.K.-ish which Linnzer on here would vouch for.....

Comment

Originally posted by CHUKKA View Post
          I was in the tackle shop the other day and had a chuckle when I saw a TXL EVO in the corner. It makes me laugh when you hear of people wanting a TTR or excalibur with 20% extra. For what pole vaulting off rock marks?
          Exactly right. Most people are blinded by the names & the keeping up with the Jones (bragging right) when choosing a rod. Instead of focusing on what is going to be the best tool for the job. As this is what a rod & reel basically are. For instance I have a Cono-Flex Nemesis Diablo & its a lovely "for me" However it would be totally useless to 80% of the lads I fish with as the simply couldn't compress it.
          You need to establish a technique you are comfortable with then think about the kit that would perform best from that.....

Comment

thanks for the offer m8 have been down to seaham a few times but never fishing just been down with wife and me dog for a walk and a coffee.
            only started back sea fishing last year after a long time away from the sport
            I got the used zipplex of my m8, as I could never afford to buy a brand new one , the leeda icon sport power is a nice rod but I like the zipplex with the penn fathom 15 nice and light.
            my casting has improved but its nice of you to offer to help and I would appreciate any help and advice
            consett warlord retired

Comment

This is a little odd ? I posted this for Dale19 & received a message from someone else re; casting help ?

Comment

Originally posted by himself26 View Post
                If you ever get down to the spiles @ Seaham i'm more than willing to try & help you out with your casting m8. I don't profess to be any sort of expert but I do O.K.-ish which Linnzer on here would vouch for.....
                I am going to have a days fishing down at the spiles next Thursday with my m8 paul , never fished there before,if you are down pop over and say hello cant miss me big grey bikers tash
                consett warlord retired

Comment

Had a canny couple of hour down the spiles today with Dale19 & his mate. Really good crack a pair of good lads. Was a pleasure to meet you & Paul m8 & hope to see you's again...

P.S. Many thanks for the lobster Sir.......

Comment

seaham spiles

himself26. thanks ken paul and myself had a good time today down at the spiles today first visit fishing there ,some good crack and thanks for taking the time to pop down and give me some casting tips most appreciated m8. had a few more casts after you left and I could see an improvement in my casting.

hope you enjoyed the lobster
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by himself26 View Post
                      Exactly right. Most people are blinded by the names & the keeping up with the Jones (bragging right) when choosing a rod. Instead of focusing on what is going to be the best tool for the job. As this is what a rod & reel basically are. For instance I have a Cono-Flex Nemesis Diablo & its a lovely "for me" However it would be totally useless to 80% of the lads I fish with as the simply couldn't compress it.
                      You need to establish a technique you are comfortable with then think about the kit that would perform best from that.....
                      Ken you could compress a bloody lampost.
                      I never saw a reel empty as quick in all my life watching you with my Kompressor SS that I couldn't bend, and a Okuma Magnetix.
                      Problem is that it's a long wind in to get it all back.
                      Haven't been out for a while now but should get some time shortly so will watch out for you at the Spiles.
                      Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

seaham spiles

had a good day down at the spiles Thursday lot of lads on the pier after Mackie
                        as we are not members fished the car park area.
                        got there around 8.45am low water set up and just started to practice casting
                        himself26 ken came down later and he spent most of the afternoon with us talking fishing and tackle and casting good crack and information great guy.
                        had a few casts and I got a very nice lobster first one I have ever caught .
                        lost some tackle through out the day but that was to be expected.
                        but I have to say it was my first visit to the spiles a good day with good company it was great to meet ken also put a face to the name of another nesa member.
                        he seems to know everyone on the pier
                        Last edited by dale19; 13-06-2014, 01:06 PM.
                        consett warlord retired

Comment

lighter casting rod

ihave various rods that are heavy ie century compressor red a century 255tss not many about .a conoflex scorpian great rod i also have a century carbon metal express horrible rod. but to cast big distance over clean ground i bought a daiwa 133pm it casts 150yds with an overhead thump easygreat on the beach

Comment

Originally posted by spenna View Post
                            ihave various rods that are heavy ie century compressor red a century 255tss not many about .a conoflex scorpian great rod i also have a century carbon metal express horrible rod. but to cast big distance over clean ground i bought a daiwa 133pm it casts 150yds with an overhead thump easygreat on the beach
                            ru selling the horrible rod ??

Comment

Originally posted by onefortheroad View Post
                              ru selling the horrible rod ??
                              Yeah get it up for sale haha. Much better than the diawa by miles. That diawa rod is like casting with a bit of cooked spaghetti
                              Last edited by Juliogeordio; 13-11-2014, 08:21 PM.
                              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

You don't need to be able to compress a rod to use it, Makes me laugh when people say that, Stiff rods are used mainly on heavy ground and cliff marks where a big cast is not needed so you don't need to be a big caster to use a stiff rod

Comment

Working...
                                X