Licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence

First posting, Fishing for forty years mainly course but more and more sea. Pondered why a licence and why now?
    Fewer and fewer young lads and lasses are taking up course/sea fishing and feel that the administration cost for baliffs and licence may well be falling short, so what better way of topping up the coffers at the old environment agency by fetching the sea anglers into the equation. Would it be a good thing? Ask any salmon angler in england, their's more salmon in scotland and you don't need a licence? Look at the state of some carps lips? what have they done about that? How about overstocking waters, so that the fish have no option but to feed? What about close seasons another area that should be addressed. No I'm afraid the licence is a scam and won't stop or improve any aspects of sea fishing, history proves it. Now you know why they call me Happy.

Some good points...welcome to NESA
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

HI Happy,

Welcome to Nesa.

The subjects been discussed long and hard but by no means to a conclusion.

Take a look at http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/shore-f...-licenses.html

Its time it came back up as there is some good stuff there.

It has nothing to do with the EA...they are the freshwater and salmon folks although there is an overlap in some circumstances ie anglers fishng rivers for cod could also be after salmon...

Inshore fisheries are run by the sea fisheries committee's, but a license would be still open to debate as to who would sell it and enforce it...

The debate goes on

Cheers
      Dave
      Save our Sharks Member
      SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
      NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Working...
      X