Sea Angling 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Angling 2012

it's coming and there is no getting away from it.

Last edited by Charlton; 25-03-2011, 11:09 PM.
    Alan

I could teach a young lad everythig i know about fishing (55 yrs worth ) in a couple of years going from season to season, and it would be time well spent, but to give these people any information just to use it against you would be wrong. Let them find out for themselves by experience instead of a clipboard excercise.

Comment

Its crazy. a commercial boat probably nets more fish in a day than 1000 anglers do in a week. Especially now when very little is being caught.
      I wonder how much this going to cost the taxpayer, and how much knowledge these people in charge have about recreational fishing. You are right Alan, this is coming and we will suffer because of it.

Comment

problem is we don'y want to give our information, but if we don't decissions will be made on what they have, ZILCH. Thankfully the NFSAS has assurances that their wil be no questions regarding where we collect bait. Thing is many anglers are afraid of regulations regarding how much we catch, but many have been managing themsellves for years, setting there own size limits, many especially boat anglers have put a 2-3lb min on what they take, some charter skippers i have known when the fishing is good have put back fish around 5lb. many shore anglers return the majority of what they catch anyway.
        Last edited by Charlton; 27-03-2011, 06:15 PM.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
          Its crazy. a commercial boat probably nets more fish in a day than 1000 anglers do in a week. Especially now when very little is being caught.
          I wonder how much this going to cost the taxpayer, and how much knowledge these people in charge have about recreational fishing. You are right Alan, this is coming and we will suffer because of it.
          They've said they know nowt about RSA mate. Anyway i hope they survey me, I reckon I should get a whopping tax rebate or something for my financial input to the supply sector.

Comment

So why don't we be honest and tell the truth. There'll be a formula out there (I'll make one up if you like) that shows how long we fish per fish kept, that shows how much we contribute to the local community while we're catching sod all and how many fish we return against keepers. We're all different but ask yourselves how many sessions in the last 12 months compared to how many fish - I bet, as a group, we make depressing reading. So let's tell them that - on average we catch little, pay loads to tackle shops, tidy the rock ends or beach and contribute loads to the holiday trade in Scotland, Norway and the like. As Alan says if we don't contribute they'll run us ragged.

Comment

Originally posted by Stores View Post
              So why don't we be honest and tell the truth. There'll be a formula out there (I'll make one up if you like) that shows how long we fish per fish kept, that shows how much we contribute to the local community while we're catching sod all and how many fish we return against keepers. We're all different but ask yourselves how many sessions in the last 12 months compared to how many fish - I bet, as a group, we make depressing reading. So let's tell them that - on average we catch little, pay loads to tackle shops, tidy the rock ends or beach and contribute loads to the holiday trade in Scotland, Norway and the like. As Alan says if we don't contribute they'll run us ragged.
              I honestly thought you were an english teacher and not a maths one stores.
              RSA is the most popular sport/hobby/pastime/holiday activity in the UK so why try and mess around with it. Hopefully after their costly project has run it's course they'll realise that the treasury love us, it has no impact whatsoever on marine life and it gives some youngin's something to do at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                I honestly thought you were an english teacher and not a maths one stores.
                RSA is the most popular sport/hobby/pastime/holiday activity in the UK so why try and mess around with it. Hopefully after their costly project has run it's course they'll realise that the treasury love us, it has no impact whatsoever on marine life and it gives some youngin's something to do at the weekend.
                Don't believe anyone on "our side" would argue with what you say but the EU might have a different slant on it and proving what you say may be harder than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Stores View Post
                  Don't believe anyone on "our side" would argue with what you say but the EU might have a different slant on it and proving what you say may be harder than you think.
                  We might be exempt from any RSA EU Directive as an Island Nation(s). Worth a shot, maybe.

Comment

myself im very dubious about this. Even if we do go along with theyre clipboard project i think there will be implications to follow such as a rod licence and permits as in freshwater fishing. It will just be an excuse to push up the cost for the ordinary angler to fund fat cats at the EU. Sorry if im being totally negative about it but thats what i think.
                    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Working...
                    X