Sea Angling 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyfromalnwick View Post
    Is there any way this thread can be transfered to the main forum, bringing it to a wider audience.
    To many on NESA (and all the other sea angling sites) just switch off at the though of anything "political" going on, and won't even bother to read this section of the site.
    Maybe the Mods can help with that or make a link between the the two and then everyone can see it.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
    but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by loopy View Post
      The EGM is 2pm 12th August. County Hall, Morpeth, they have booked the main council chamber in case they get any members of the public
      Any chance of getting that into The Northum,berland Gazette Les?
      Who knows it may just trigger a few more anglers who are not doing anything that day
      "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Data collection on Anglers

Yesterdays NIFCA EGM at Northumberland County Hall Morpeth on Sea Angling 2012.

In attendance Alan Carlton, Mike Hayley and myself, correspondence to the committee against the project, 2 from Kent and Cornwall RSA . After another presentation from myself Mike and Alan had a chance to address the committee.
        Voted 9 to 1, (1 abstention) for adopting the project on condition that the contact with CEFAS is suitable. Tried my best . Thanks Alan and Mike for your support.
        Last edited by loopy; 13-08-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

As you know Les, between the two meetings I clocked up over 300 miles travelling between Seahouses and North Shields talking to anglers and getting their oppinions regarding Sea Angling 2012

I left details ie: phone number & e-mail address of NIFCA with anglers to contact NIFCA.

Nearly all of the said anglers were against the collection of data and some were very hostile in expressing their views.
          I would especially like to thank the two lads at North Shield for my broken fog lamp and the bruise on my face, I was only trying to help our sport.

How many of these anglers turned up at the meeting or contacted NIFCA?

NONE.

Well lads, when you have to pay for a license to fish or there is a ban on taking cod or any other speciece of fish I will be right behind you with the imortal words

"I TOLD YOU SO"

Comment

It's a case of shoot the messenger Mike, well done to you all for trying.

Comment

Fed up going fishing.

The very sad part is we may of actually achieved something it was possible after forcing an EGM, Councillors only react to one thing, voters, they say, no pay no say and we did not support the no vote with either boots on the ground or letters " they put up a good argument but they had no support". We have a chance to change netting byelaws, I have managed to get on the review committee, who cares, very few. So I will say my bit and things will stay the same. You get what you work for in this world, do nowt get nowt.

Comment

That's so sad Les. no one can say you diddn't try. cant help wondering what will happen when anglers start getting arrested for being in the wrong place with fish in their bags,taken from a MCZ. it's not far off the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                  That's so sad Les. no one can say you diddn't try. cant help wondering what will happen when anglers start getting arrested for being in the wrong place with fish in their bags,taken from a MCZ. it's not far off the mark
                  It will be their own fault, Jim. Ignorance is not an excuse. Everyone has had a chance to do something about it and did NOTHING. It will be no use standing up in a courtroom and saying "I didnt know".

They do know and they still do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X