help with lack of slosh30 breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with lack of slosh30 breaks

as above i bought a slosh30 (first multi) and it has no breaks in, anyone know where i can get my hands on some or what i can use? , cheers
    You Hurd the man tubs...get undressed !

Get a mag conversion mate. Much better than the breaks,

Daiwa SL20SH / SL30SH Knobby Mag Conversion

Have a read mate, if you need to speak to anyone who has this conversion contact David.Northeast on here. He'll give you the pro's and cons of it
    Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post
      Get a mag conversion mate. Much better than the breaks,

Daiwa SL20SH / SL30SH Knobby Mag Conversion

Have a read mate, if you need to speak to anyone who has this conversion contact David.Northeast on here. He'll give you the pro's and cons of it
      cheers al have a look like

Comment

No bother mate

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
          as above i bought a slosh30 (first multi) and it has no breaks in, anyone know where i can get my hands on some or what i can use? , cheers
          brakes will be in box as they dont come fitted . davy . easy to fit try two first .
          PB
          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
            brakes will be in box as they dont come fitted . davy . easy to fit try two first .
            second hand with a rod bud, no box or anything haha

Comment

Alright mate ive got the mag conversion for my sl30sh that dean has mentioned above as i found the brakes were slowing me down to much if you want some in just use the sleeving of a piece of earth cable only a few mm needed they should do you if you cant grt a hold of this your local tackle shop should be able to provide sone for you

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
                Alright mate ive got the mag conversion for my sl30sh that dean has mentioned above as i found the brakes were slowing me down to much if you want some in just use the sleeving of a piece of earth cable only a few mm needed they should do you if you cant grt a hold of this your local tackle shop should be able to provide sone for you
                Speak of the devil and he shal arrive Hello mate Nice of you to join us :P

Comment

try the red tube of a tin of wd40 like said just a couple of mls long thas all iv used in my sloshes works a treat
                  www.tides4fishing.com http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...g#?tab=fiveDay

Comment

reet, can i have info on a mag kit, like the diference of the mag kit and breaks? as am clueless, i will try out the earth cable/wd40 straw for now, will i put a few mm of it on both sides of the bar or just one? cheers lads

Comment

Hello dean mate coincedence i was looking after you posted eh ! Or Is it fate

Have a look at the link dean put up from blackdog to have the mag conversion you have to do away with the centrifugal braking system a mag allows you to adjust how fast the spool runs during the cast which i see on the positive side the only down fall i would say is if you cannit cast with a fast reel stick to your centrifugals and set them to how u feel comfortable
                      Just my opinion mind feel free to ask more questions

Comment

The big downside to fitting a mag unit is the loss of the ratchet - far more useful (to me anyway) than a cumbersome magnet.

Gary
                        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

cheers, ave stuck a bit wd40 straw on for now, i will have a try once the rain dies abit and see how it gos, am looking into these mag kits now

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
                            The big downside to fitting a mag unit is the loss of the ratchet - far more useful (to me anyway) than a cumbersome magnet.

Gary
                            Agreed, i dont understand why anyone would want to tamper with sloshs or saltists by getting a mag fitted, if there running too slow take a brake block out or use a faster reel oil in the bearings. I have afew spair brake blocks here you can have if you are in the area tinman.

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post

Gary
                              I also agree that the loss of the rachet is another big downside

Shaun ehat dont you get about the magnet ? If you dont like them and are no good to you then so be it i was running red rocket fuel and no blocks in my slosh so i bought a mag conversion and i like it
                              As i say whats suits 1 man isnt goin to suit another

You can also fit the rachet back on whenever you want you just need 1 more washer than whats already there so your not stuck with a cumbersome mag
                              Last edited by Guest; 26-04-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X