sonik sk3 views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonik sk3

i bought a sonik sk3 had it for 1 hr casted out with a 6 ounce wait on and it snapped about 6 inches from the tip took it straight back to blyth and they replaced it .been using it for a year now and carnt fault it fished piers on the sands and rocks its mint .these things happen.
    best rod ive ever bought.

Comment

I bought a 14ft Sk3 5-7oz from the factory shop in Blyth when the first opened in 2008 £109-99p, used it at most of the rough ground marks North of the Tyne and never had any bother with it. Then i bought a used Sk4 14ft 5-7oz off Garry at Anglers United in Lynemouth and never had any problems with it, so you can only speak as you find and i think they are great rods for the Price.

john.
      One More Hoy

Comment

i agree .i think there great rods for the price .iam thinking of buying the sk4. but i thinks theres a sk5 now so going to wait abit.

Comment

had an sk3 and there a good rod for the price now i have an sk4 and love it good rods aswell.
          Species 2012 - Cod, Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Pollock, Eelpout, Common eel, Granny Fish, Whiting, Coalie, LSD, Rockling, Bass.

Comment

Sonik.

Howay lads, realistically how many of you's that own a SONIK rod have actually caught a decent Fish on the Rough ground ? maybe the odd one but not very many I bet.
            Tell you's what, ask all the local Top Sea Anglers, who have 20+ years of using all types of rods and reels and also who know what they are talking about, there HONEST opinions about these Sea Fishing Rods !

Don't forget them people that do use them usually take spare rods anyways, and if you do manage to see any top bananas out there using these rods, they have probably been giving the rod FREE OF CHARGE to try and get people to go buy one, or more.
            Should have a poll on what the North East Anglers actually think is the most unreliable sea fishing rod ever to be built in the last 15 years.
            Of course they has to be a percentage of Duff Items in anything that is Mass Produced, so I'm wondering what the Percentage of Sonik Sea Rods Snappage rate is to that of a cheap GREYS Sea Rod like the MK1 apollo !

NO COMPARISON . . . IMO

and please, Facts Only ? Oh and be

Comment

Sonik rods are classed as clean to mixed ground rods not heavy ground rods. Like anything else if you abuse it you break it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Bell View Post
                Sonik rods are classed as clean to mixed ground rods not heavy ground rods. Like anything else if you abuse it you break it.....
                Agree with that if yo want a rough ground rod you buy a rough ground rod

Comment

except for a stiff reel seat when new, mine is great. (SK3).

Cheers,

aa.

Comment

Any rod will snap in the wrong hands,,, you,ll find most people are like sheep, they,ll buy a rod on someone,s recommendation, usually their mates...the sk3 is an excellent rod for the price & if looked after will last a lifetime.i will admit that they are fitted with inferior rings,ive re rung mine with fuji,s...dont be fooled into paying £300 plus for a century etc on some tackle tarts recommendation...

Comment

Bought mine second hand cant fault it, casts great, good bight detection and very pokey ...
                      target of 10 codling this season and gonna try for a pig!!!!1

Cheers Justin

Comment

hi all a have been looking at these for a while now and this has made me mind up an my go and purchase one

Comment

Heard a few horror stories about these rods snapping at aroind 18" from the tip

Comment

Originally posted by wallythefish View Post
                            Heard a few horror stories about these rods snapping at aroind 18" from the tip
                            and the very friendly replacement too remember. They have a lifetime warranty. Can't fault that
                            Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnzer View Post
                              and the very friendly replacement too remember. They have a lifetime warranty. Can't fault that
                              Can't fault it but it is a right old hassle!
                              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

lot of anglers have the sonic and find them to be spot on they got some bad press and put a lot of people off buying them.
                                if you like them then go for it m8
                                consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
                                X