abu 7000ic3 mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abu 7000ic3 mag

hi fellas, ive got a problem with the above reel, i went to spittal prom yesterday afternoon, set up my gear and cast out without any problem until i started to reel in, i got a couple of turns on the the handel then it stopped, so i turned the spool with my thumb and again i got a couple of turns then it stopped again,the spool and handle just wouldnt turn this went on until i got my line in, has anyone else had this problem, i look forward to any replies thanks colin.(changed reels and caught nowt).

Cant help with fixing reel, but I do know if you get stuck, cash converters in sunderland have on in, looks like its hardly used. £70 they wanted????

Comment

Originally posted by colin b View Post
      hi fellas, ive got a problem with the above reel, i went to spittal prom yesterday afternoon, set up my gear and cast out without any problem until i started to reel in, i got a couple of turns on the the handel then it stopped, so i turned the spool with my thumb and again i got a couple of turns then it stopped again,the spool and handle just wouldnt turn this went on until i got my line in, has anyone else had this problem, i look forward to any replies thanks colin.(changed reels and caught nowt).
      Check to see if their is any excessive play between spindle and bearing. If so the spool could be catching the cage so check the spool for rubbing also.

Comment

thanks border riever

Comment

is the clutch wound tightly enough? have you serviced it recently? have you re-assembled it with the sprung washers in opposition? has it been dropped? if the cage is twisted it could be almost terminal! hope these suggestions help.

Comment

Originally posted by Swilsonstu@aol.com View Post
            is the clutch wound tightly enough? have you serviced it recently? have you re-assembled it with the sprung washers in opposition? has it been dropped? if the cage is twisted it could be almost terminal! hope these suggestions help.
            thanks for the above, i had the spool out of the cage this afternoon,couldnt see any signs of rubbing but i did notice that when the spool was replaced it dosent run central on the handle side u can barely see it if you just turn the handle, but a 5oz lead on you can begin to feel it rub,the thing is now do i need a new spool or new cage.thanks again, colin.

Comment

since last posting i have rubbed the rim of the spool (handle side)with an oil stone, this seems to have done the trick, so at least i know what the problem is,just need to replace spool and not the reel

Comment

i still think the cage is twisted! get a new spool and it will probably stick! thats why one piece cages are popular. but good luck.

Comment

Give blakdog tackle a bell, this guy is brilliant with abu reels he'll sort it no probs http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...XwcNjYkwY67khg

Comment

Working...
                  X