No announcement yet.

TOTAL BAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take your point, but these are the sort of issues we have to include in the dialogue, there is as you rightly say, very little to be gained by implementing any scheme that only benefits anglers in certain parts of the country. However, even if anglers in the NE are still convinced that the NFSA only works for south coast anglers, remember that the south coast also has a number of long piers, Dover breakwater for example. There are also many other areas that have a headland with an adjoining bay, and yes there is the potential for fish to be caught before they hit the beachs, but then that is always going to be the case, we cannot close down the whole of the North Sea, although I\'m sure many would wish that to be the case!!! LOL

If you consider SS pier as an extention of the land then you could expect no netting within a mile of it, rather than just an arbitary 1 mile distance from the shore.

In addition, the 10m depth ruling applies throughout the district, however, as I understand the situation, there is additional protection supposedly in force for the NE, I will try and determine what this is and to what extent it is/not being enforced.

Cheers

Doc.
    If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

Comment

Thanks for that doc, i look forward to your findings.
      Terry
      If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

It all depends upon which nationality the skippers ticket is.
        If he's British, then they can fish these waters.

Believe me there's plenty who work for the Spaniards. Massive money.
        PB's.....
        Biggest ever fish caught.... 142lb Tiger Shark
        Biggest ever shore caught....14lb Cod
        Best sess.... 5 x Blue Fin Tuna totalling .... 306lb

Do more "Missing" than Fishing

Comment

i think a total ban is not feesable would take to much policing, unless we use the royal navy and just sink the spanish boats

Comment

Originally posted by RobAdair View Post
            Call in the Icelandic Navy to sink ALL the Spanish and French commercial fleet and our waters might stand a chance

Failing that, give Sless a box of 6oz gripper grenades and get him to do his famous 7 mile casts at the bast*rds
            like your way of thinking
            DAD AND DAUGHTER
            TEAM DENOVAN

Comment

Just face it, everyone will keep fishing until its not worth the fuel to go out and catch them, then when the fleets fold the few species eft will boom.

Its been all talk and no action for years and in my opinion will be no action as money is power and fish is money.

This year has been a cracking year for fishing in my opinion so goes to show you they dont need that long to recover...also alot of the 3-4lb cod i have caught have been full of row...i think they are adapting and spawning 2lb in size sooner.

Ow and i was 16 miles out last weekend and seen 4 dutch trawlers (seen the flags) in a line all with nets out 4 mile south of Tynemouth 16 miles off.
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by Nickid View Post
                like your way of thinking
                welcome to nesa
                Panel Pin Champ

Comment

lets just sink the spanish boats best of both worlds

Comment

My opinion.

1.Ban all trawlers from our waters,buy them out what ever.

2.Charters also need to be restricted to a catch limit.

3.Shore anglers also need to be restricted to a catch limit.

Reasons.

1.Trawlers not saying all but ive seen a few do it,theyll take what ever they can if they chance to get away with it,till theres nothing left,also far to much dead waste going back,that could still be used up (eaten),ive seen fish/prawns being landed on a jetty then the boat going up river and not putting it in the books,up at eyemouth when i worked there,was a while ago like,dunno if it still happens,proberbly does.

2/3.Charters also take there fare share,even though they keep to putting back undersize fish,also shore anglers should be limited to how many they can go home with.
                    Theres shed loads of fish being caught round the north east at the moment,has been for a while,but you still see people going out loads of times a week coming in going on forums,saying out last night had 30 lb of cod,had 20 pounds of cod.
                    Yes its nice to have some in the freezer,but if a bloke goes out 3/4 times a week and gets that amount every time he goes out,its soon gonna dry up,as thats alot of fish again,and what will get the blame trawlers
                    Why dont people just take what they need for food,instead of taking every thing that is size.
                    My mates been out loads,hes had stacks of cod,but they put back loads thats well over pan size,and sometimes bigger if hes caught what hes gonna eat.

So thats why there should be limits on what they can take home on shore/charter boats as well as trawlers

Might be more fish then.

Could you amagine what our waters would be like if we became more into catch and release like in some other countrys,fishing would be fantastic.

Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by Vamp; 28-11-2010, 02:40 PM. Reason: Mist a dot,to tired

Comment

Can't say it any better than that.
                      DAD AND DAUGHTER
                      TEAM DENOVAN

Comment

ban

They can ban what they want but itl just add more presure on the police cells when every friday night they will be full if bright orange ang yellow float suits

Comment

good info that mate

Comment

Total ban

The politicians controlling the quotas/ limits for the trawlers just dont have a clue. Most of them have probably never been on a boat, let alone fishing. They take advice from so called scientists, which is mainly ignored anyway. Bycatch/ overcatch isnt considered so stocks depleat further without politician knowledge. As long as there pockets are being lined the fishing grounds are open to the highest bidder. As for a total ban, will never happen. Not as long as there is money to be made. Greed accounts for the destruction of a lot of things, not just fishing stocks. Us anglers have no influence or power over anything fish wise. We complain about it but there is nothing we can do except watch our hobby get worse every season.

Comment

Working...
                            X