No announcement yet.

F.A.O Doc. Lobster pots S/Shields Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers doc pleased to hear that something is being done to aid the recreational shore angler as there doesn\'t seem to be a lot happened since the nfsa meeting last year.
    As for the pots that was something that was suggested to yourselves (NFSA) as something you could take away and help us on and again it doesn\'t seem as though anything is going to change there either.
    As for new laws and passes to collect crab...well the futures not looking to bright for the recreational shore angler is it.

Comment

Question?

Hi guys - this is my first post so I am not sure if its in the right place!

I am reading the post refering to potting and netting regulations. I understand that netting may have an impact on catching fish, but what about pots? I have visited this site regularly as a guest and have seen photos and reports of anglers catching lobsters. I myself love lobster and have not been fortunate enough to catch on. What are the chances from the shore with a pot?

Comment

I think you have to have a shellfish permit to target them with a pot/pots, but if you catch one while fishing with your rod, it would be classed as a by-catch. You could dump it over the side if you wanted.

Comment

read this lads, as From the 1st June 2007, it will become a legal requirement for anyone wishing to fish for or take shellfish (Lobster, Edible Crab, Velvet Crab and Whelk) from the District of the North Eastern Sea Fisheries Committee (NESFC)without a valid fisheries license, which has to be renewed each year( January).
          All recreational fishermen, divers, anglers and shore collectors who wish to remove shellfish (Lobster, Edible Crab, Velvet Crab and Whelk) from the Committee’s district must have a permit. These permits are available from the NESFC office once an application form has been completed and submitted. i am posting the articles for u to read.
          Also the permit application to download, fill it in send it off, a week later youl get ur licence + 10 tags Free of Charge, This Also applies To private Boat Owners.I must remind you this is now LAW.
          Go To.
          North East Sea Fisheries Committee - Work and Objectives
          for important information about the limited shellfish permit.
          and the limited shellfish permit Form.
          Last edited by ron232; 30-09-2008, 06:12 PM.
          if Fishing was work, id be there every day

Comment

in reference to the coxin of the lifeboat putting pots out, he has at least six strings of pots, with up to 15-20 pots on a string. but i believe he has pots on both sides of the north pier, both sides of the south pier, round the groin and also round the small beach and it sometimes takes him up to 5 hrs to do them all! is tht legal??? dont know if that information will help you, but i hope it does.

Comment

depends if he's got a licence or not
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

and probably don't matter if your brother is the bailiff
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                X