penn fathom 15 mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penn fathom 15 mag

just fitted a mono mag to my fathom 15 tried to mount it through the ratchet hole but the mag was right on the rim of the spool so had to drill through side plate and grind some of the metal work away was a bit of pain but the finished job works just great the reel now is so much easier to set up from full stopping power to totally free spool well worth the effort

i got one mono magged makes a good reel a briliant reel , to slow with 2 blocks to fast with one block , mag transforms it brill

Comment

Crackin lookin reel there cheers James

Comment

hello,
        So what did you do with the centrifugal brake assembly that was attached to the spool? Can we see some pictures of that side with the spool and mag? You did such a smart job on that install, I'm looking to do the same to my reel, and I'd like to know as much as I can before drilling/grinding away.

Comment

Originally posted by lionfish View Post
          hello,
          So what did you do with the centrifugal brake assembly that was attached to the spool? Can we see some pictures of that side with the spool and mag? You did such a smart job on that install, I'm looking to do the same to my reel, and I'd like to know as much as I can before drilling/grinding away.
          Just take the brakes out the cog the lot just so it's spool spinadal or else it will run slow

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 22-08-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and for the ever helpful bunch of views. Those views clear things up greatly for me.
              Were you not at all worried about the bearing walking out of the spool with the brake gone?
              Cheers
              K.

Comment

No worries about the bearing coming out mate the brass bullet in the side plate keeps the bearing inplace

Comment

Originally posted by cod magnet View Post
                  i got one mono magged makes a good reel a briliant reel , to slow with 2 blocks to fast with one block , mag transforms it brill
                  thought you where a comfirmed daiwa blue washing m/c man cod magnet, good to see you appreciate the casting abilities of penn reels

Comment

Originally posted by stephie1 View Post
                    thought you where a comfirmed daiwa blue washing m/c man cod magnet, good to see you appreciate the casting abilities of penn reels
                    Get ya self a affinity 8000 50lb braid 80lb braid leader stephie

Comment

Santa is bringing me one so i can be the "king of the swingers" on t'prom

Comment

Originally posted by stephie1 View Post
                        santa is bringing me one so i can be the "king of the swingers" on t'prom
                        a gay swinger at that ya dirty divel

Comment

Originally posted by cod magnet View Post
                          a gay swinger at that ya dirty divel
                          Oooooooooff that's a bit strang marra..... just coz az FIFTY yards past ya wiff a big bait on cod magneto man

Comment

Which mono mag did you use and where did you get it from.
                            I have also been told you can improve the Fathom 15 casting further by replacing ratchet side spindle sleeve with a bearing.

Comment

I've got one of the macey conversions that keeps the ratchet.it seems to cast very well.as for the
                              Sleeve the spool runs on bearings like a 6500 and the left hand locator is just a positional centralised. The spindle doesn't rotate during the cast or not enough to effect anything. Clean bearings and set up mag and the really fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X