Half Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neil9629 View Post
    Eh, i like stoke, ( phil ' the power ' taylor ). But i dont believe they could
    win a game.
    Not unless the team they were playing was crap ?.
    As i dont follow football, who did stoke play, and did they win ?
    As menitoned, nufc very good first half, norwich aren't playing well at all, they could well go down with 5under1and. Another very good three points, 20 points after 12 games is good going, if everyone stays fit we'll be nearer the top then the bottom, all the french lads have to play well to try and secure a place in the french world cup squad, so happy days for the moment

Think Stoke were playing the bottom of the table team from a small town in durham, who look bound for relegation, they had a man sent off for a reckless / dangerous tackle, which i watched last night, the man who manages the club from the small town in durham didn't look at all pleased, looked like brown took the ball cleanly, presumably the ref thought both feet had left the ground and he wasn't in control of the challenge, the ref made a mistake. Funny when it happens to your struggling rivals, not so funny for sunderland fans i presume!
    Thats what happens when your bottom of the league.......

Comment

Not funny at all, OUR game is being ruined.

If that red card is not rescinded I'm considering chucking it all together.

I don't do away games anymore but I feel for those who traveled to Stoke only to see the game ruined by an idiotic decision.

I'll see out my season ticket this year but not sure I want the FA / Premier League (most probably Championship next year) getting another penny of my hard earned.

The Premier League apparently stopped Al Jazeera showing all 3pm kick offs this weekend even though they have a contract they paid millions for, they say it's stopping folks attending matches, these ludicrous decisions and bias towards the top teams can't be helping.

Cheers, Keith.

Comment

[QUOTE=KeithB;638189]Not funny at all, OUR game is being ruined.

If that red card is not rescinded I'm considering chucking it all together.

I'd be surprised if the red card isn't appealed / rescinded, and rightly so. I'm not a ref hater, i had to ref a couple of games for pub teams I ran years ago, it's an incredibly tough job especially the pace the premier league is played at (hard enough pub level) the simulation side doesn't help at all, makes a difficult jub near impossible. Regarding the refs, I like to think that these are "honest" mistakes and will even themselves out over the course of a season. But I wouldn't be that surprised if in a few years time an ex premier league referee is caught in a sting and he admitted being bribed in the past! I think rooney is class, but he should have had a straight red, wes brown had a blinder last week, the cheesy chip brigade need him fit and playing if they are to have any chance of staying up.

Ive got a sneaky feeling the mackems will avoid the drop though as much as it pains me to say it, after all nothing like a derby is there

nufc look really good at times, and woeful other times, 1st half v norwich we were in complete control , 2nd half seemed to switch off, i was happy for the whistle to go and take the 3 points. We're a funny team, very unpredictable and we get our fair share of luck (good & bad) but we've got goals in us and one of the prem. leagues best keepers so we always stand a chance

Even If / when sunderland get relegated I bet you keep going though keith, it's in the blood man, i wasn't going to go to sjp ever again after the last relegation season, but i still went and watched championship footy every other week the next season and least we won a lot more games!

Maybe the championship is a good place for the mackems, get rebuilt & start again, though it's not an easy place to get out of.

Bring on west brom......

Comment

I hear what you are saying, I've probably mentioned on here before the Championship is great, you win most weeks and even stand a chance of taking some cash from the bookies .

Having said that, I nearly didn't renew this year and I expected us to do okay with Di Canio, being expected to pay the renewal before you know what league you'll be in didn't help, they'll probably want the renewal money in January this year
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
            I hear what you are saying, I've probably mentioned on here before the Championship is great, you win most weeks and even stand a chance of taking some cash from the bookies .

Having said that, I nearly didn't renew this year and I expected us to do okay with Di Canio, being expected to pay the renewal before you know what league you'll be in didn't help, they'll probably want the renewal money in January this year
            could possibly be cheaper just paying on the day Keith, if you're that sick, I read / heard somewhere that the chelsea tickets start for a tenner and under 16's a pound if with an adult? that's got to be cheaper than a season ticket and you're not tied to go (though you probably would!)

All clubs do the season ticket thing though, at newcastle there are generally rumors of marquee signings around renewal time, just a desperate attempt to sell a few more season tickets, because they're run by so called business men, not football men.

Be nice to have a footballing billionaire owner who understood the club and what it meant to the fans, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

so we're stuck with ashley / kinnear, but at least it looks like we should stay in the league, hopefully top half finish. That's ambition for you, wasn't that long we were actually realistic title contenders!

Comment

Kieth Wes gettin sent off was an absulte joke k friend shud be the one given 3 match ban and demoted to the championship,surley Riley has to intervene and put that prick back on a training course in refereeing a game,the linesman was right at the tackle and he didn't even flag,also the fourth offical what was his input Nowt,wasn't down at the game but that -rsehole spoilt the day can't wait for friend to visit the SOL he'll get some verbal off me that you can count on.

Comment

Aye ya right, season ticket holders can get 2 tickets for £10 each for a couple of games, even when these offers aren't on you can normally get a ticket cheaper than season ticket prices on StubHub.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Aye ya right, season ticket holders can get 2 tickets for £10 each for a couple of games, even when these offers aren't on you can normally get a ticket cheaper than season ticket prices on StubHub.
                  Just taking the pi** out of "proper" supporters to be honest, but almost every club does it. They try and squeeze every last penny out of us, the replica strips are my personal bug bare.

I ordered some gear off sports direct online a couple of weeks ago, i noticed at the checkout there was a sports direct magazine, i think it was a £1! added automatically , i had to click to remove it else i would have been charged an extra pound for a magazine i didn't want or order! Lower than a snakes belly!

It's all about the money money money, Doesn't seem to matter as much when you're winning though.....

Comment

Kieth Friend has been taken off his next 2 premier league games I heard on the radio on the way home and rightly so.

The fact that he took so long deliberating the red card makes it worse IMHO
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                      Kieth Friend has been taken off his next 2 premier league games I heard on the radio on the way home and rightly so.

The fact that he took so long deliberating the red card makes it worse IMHO
                      That's a -uckin disgrace mark there was no deliberating to be had,also the scotch prick shud have had the balls to tell the ref he did not touch him as for Hughes outburst saying it was a bad challenge he wants to get his self to specsavers,he was a dirty -astard when he had his boots on welch tosser

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
                        That's a -uckin disgrace mark there was no deliberating to be had,also the scotch prick shud have had the balls to tell the ref he did not touch him as for Hughes outburst saying it was a bad challenge he wants to get his self to specsavers,he was a dirty -astard when he had his boots on welch tosser
                        Why? Friend gave what he saw (did the linesman say anything?) unless you believe that friend has a personal vendetta against sunderland (wouldn't blame him if he did)

Everyones to blame according to you, the ref, charlie adam, mark hughes, It looked worse in real time, the referee made a mistake, he's only human, have you never made a mistake?

you 'orrible lot will no doubt get a dubious decision this season, i bet you don't make such a big deal of it then!

It's tough at the bottom, on a brighter note if friend gets demoted to the championship you'll see a lot more of him next season.....................

Comment

They have rescinded the red card for Brown, and rightly so. Not that it helps with the points situation like

I cant believe neither the ref, linesman or 4th official saw it properly so how could he have gave a red in first place?

We had similar decisions go against us in our relegation season, when your at the bottom everything seems to go against you.

And yet cowardly "tackles" like what Rooney did on Sunday are ignored.

Comment

Glad the red card was sorted out thou too late, damage done...that ref does seem to hate Sunderland....i hope we get him for the 1st of Feb :0)

On a lighter note my mate has asked me if i have a old black and white tv, when i asked him why...he said so i can watch Sunderland getting beat every week and smile thinking its the toon instead.....ha
                            ................__................................ .............................
                            ____[ ~ \_____
                            [__On-A-Roll__/
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            P.B
                            SKATE 204lb
                            COD 51lb
                            LING 32lb
                            TOPE 40lb
                            CONGER 25lb
                            HADDOCK 10lb
                            HALIBUT 37lb
                            COALIE 16lb
                            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

He'll probably get injured in training before Saturday
                              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                              X