help wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help wanted.

cant get my CALENDAR on lap top passed december 2009,only goes from 2003 upto 2009.any help please.on the bright side ive never aged in 4years.

i think it will need to be reset in the bios . at start up look for the word's on screen for set up / bios etc , on my lappy its f2 to boot into the bios , you can set the time and date in there , be sure to apply changes f10 usually .

Comment

will try that bios thing.

Originally posted by onefortheroad View Post
      i think it will need to be reset in the bios . at start up look for the word's on screen for set up / bios etc , on my lappy its f2 to boot into the bios , you can set the time and date in there , be sure to apply changes f10 usually .
      146 views,1 reply.thankyou verry much for your reply.thought it was a easy request for help.must of peed off alot of nesa members for my banter criac exct.will give your idear a go later on.thanks again for my only 1 reply.ps,WHATS YOUR LOCATION.r u the rod rest man.

Comment

I'm pretty useless with this technology Reg otherwise I might have been able to offer a suggestion….if anything goes wrong with my steam-powered laptop I usually just take a hammer to it…

Gary
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

cheers gary.

Originally posted by g-force View Post
          I'm pretty useless with this technology Reg otherwise I might have been able to offer a suggestion….if anything goes wrong with my steam-powered laptop I usually just take a hammer to it…

Gary
          we must be getting old,saying that your a YOUGH MAN . ill try that bios thing tomorrow. thankyou for your reply.looking forward to meeting you at n/s comp,sound like {i knew}your a sound bloke.tight lines.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
            cant get my CALENDAR on lap top passed december 2009,only goes from 2003 upto 2009.any help please.on the bright side ive never aged in 4years.
            i believe the problem stems from the thingymebob, its right next to the whatyacallit, if you cant find it might be somewhere else
            hope this helps solve the dilemma

Comment

THANKYOU..{not}

Originally posted by deanwar View Post
              i believe the problem stems from the thingymebob, its right next to the whatyacallit, if you cant find it might be somewhere else
              hope this helps solve the dilemma
              tried that whatyacallit,but came up press risipatater,but cant find nowt for risipatater,any idear what that thingmebob is.

Comment

Which operating system are you using Reg? XP, Vista, Windows 2000?
                People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

There is a tiny battery on your motherboard that supplies power to the clock. It looks like an over-sized watch battery. They last a LONG time (often the life of the computer). If it dies, the clock will have to be reset every time the computer is powered up. If your computer is a desktop, simply remove the case and look for the battery on the motherboard take it out and put it back in, should reset it, you'll have to press f12 on boot-up and go into the BIOS set the date and time, save it then re boot if that doesn't work you'll more then likely need a new battery which are cheap enough to pick up, what make and model is your computer? I've got a few somewhere...

Comment

good question mark.

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
                    Which operating system are you using Reg? XP, Vista, Windows 2000?
                    my laptop is a toshiba windows 7.bought approx 3 years ago.

Comment

I have the same set up mate. Have you got it set up to automatically synchronise? this is in the settings for the calendar.
                      If this does not work just download a Windows 7 calendar from the net. Just google it. Some people have had the same problem and the download has solved it and the download calendar is apparently better than the original.
                      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

thankyou mark.

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
                        I have the same set up mate. Have you got it set up to automatically synchronise? this is in the settings for the calendar.
                        If this does not work just download a Windows 7 calendar from the net. Just google it. Some people have had the same problem and the download has solved it and the download calendar is apparently better than the original.
                        will give it a try,tomorrow cheers.pleased to say have had some good advice eventually off nesa members.

Comment

Working...
                        X