local bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local bands

hi when i used to get out regulary i used to watch various groups at clubs etc ie south hetton/hetton-le-hole/farrington/grindon etc fav groups were steve brown band, idle hands ,big city lucas tyson etc
    does anyone get out now to watch groups now and if so were are the places and which are the real heavy rock bands
    john
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

the force are a good local band they dont play full on metal but are well worth seeing power rage are also excellent

Comment

have a look at grumpy old men
      have you got a cloth

Comment

hi thats me grumpy old men so they say

Comment

check out washington football club friday nite is rock nite all the old favorates and some new bands.good beer, atmosphere,n plenty of chicks last orders 1am.

Comment

hi foss, fatfield club years used to be great on a fri night but now just once a month i heard them were the days, the buisnes
            rockey
            big picture
            idle hands
            steve brown band
            pirana brothers
            etc etc

Comment

Always live music at my local but a bit out your way in Blyth.
              See if you can pick up a copy of a free mag called "The Informer".
              Its is in all sorts of places and list events for the month including live,free gigs.
              I get it all the time when out and about,very usefull.
              Not sure if there is a on line version.
              THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

hi m8 good info ta

Comment

The Force are definately worth seeing ,been to see them a good few times ,not for a while now though I must admit , my brother is just about to start up his own band after years of playing lead guitar with other bands such as Alexanders Palace and Axis , anyway I think they're gonna be called Black Pearl which makes me wonder if they'll be dressed as pirates lol ,anyway wor kid is a whizz on the lead guitar and his mate has to be the flashest drummer I've ever seen so look out for them.
                  You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Got to agree about the Force, cracking entertainment.

John/r the Piranha Brothers were absolute class mate.

Jim.
                    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

hi jim yes they were a bit special,trying like hell to remember another group about same time but cant remember you will know them ,i will ask our lass she used to go to clubs with me watch groups and of course get drunk.
                      john

Comment

hi just this minute come back to me the group i forgot

not realy heavy to me but very popular talisman
                        john

Comment

"hed" are a canny band, my mate drums for them and were beaten into second place in the battle of the bands ( it was a FIX) last year at trilions think they are playing bubbles cellar bar ashington on aug bank hol mon along with a a few more bands. every bank hol bubbles put bands on and its a canny day out bands and booze weyhey

cheers
                          mark

Comment

Check out this site www.riffsonline.co.uk everything you want to no about the northeast rock scene. bands, gigs, venues, letters, reviews, all hear John.

And for all you real metal fans try and see the Tony Liddle Band they will rock ya socks off. one of the best bands around barr soundchaser. but they are in las americas tenerife a must see band if your there this summer.

Comment

I remember Talisman being a big club band years ago ,some great stuff on this thread ,KEEP IT UP LADS.
                              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
                              X