Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I\'m raging about a local company that I\'ve been subcontracting for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I\'m raging about a local company that I\'ve been subcontracting for.

Sorry if this is a bit long but I’ve got to vent it off somewhere.

About 4 weeks ago I was asked to do some sub contract work for a local kitchen company. I had done two kitchen installs and a couple of remedials for them. The two installations were Crap, Crap installation manager, Crap materials, Crap customer service, Crap design, Crap planning – you starting to get the picture. I was also asked to go to 3 remedial jobs where the last fitters had made such a bodge job of the kitchens they should have been pulled out and started again, but the company didn’t want that, they didn’t give a toss they had been paid they just wanted the bodged job bodged up again !!!!. It’s actually a lot worse than this with unbelievable things happening but I’m trying to keep it short.

After the initial barrage of abuse from the customers after first knocking on their door, And explaining that I didn’t work for the company, I was a sub contractor, I was told by the customers who were understandably pulling there hair out and raging with anger as they’d paid between £6.000 and £10.000 for the so called luxury kitchens.
    After looking over the kitchens I actually agreed with them ( to myself ) that the kitchens and fitting were a load of S##T. Doors missing, units gouged and chipped, HALF inch gaps in worktops and mitres on cornice bunged up with filler ( not even the same colour ). The customers understandably didn’t want any further work done as they were going to take it to court.

I had done two weeks for them at this point and had decided not to do any more as I didn’t want my name even associated with this company.

The best of it was, that weekend I opened up the Sunday Sun newspaper and there it was in all its glory on the Mr Justice page, A two page piece confirming my own thoughts, a detailed proper slagging off, of this company by four very unhappy customers. ( tip of the iceberg, me thinks )

I went on the Friday to get a cheque for the work I had done for them ( as agreed ) only to be told I couldn’t have a cheque as the owner of the company was in Birmingham and hadn’t left any cheques. After more lies from them and a bit of a heated argument I was told if I left the premises that a cheque would be there in about half an hour. The owner of the company must have a super fast car if he can get from Birmingham to MEDOMSLY ROAD IN CONSETT in half an hour!!.

Any way went back half an hour later and the cheque was there. I put it in the bank last Saturday only to have it returned to me this morning with the words STOPPED printed all over it. I phoned them again this morning and was told another load of lies but was informed that the payment cheque to me was stopped because of my attitude?. When pressed further I was told it was because I didn’t want to do any more work for them?????.

I’m going up there S##T hot on Tuesday morning to see them to demand another cheque as them stopping the first one because I don’t want to do any more work is ridicules.

Sorry for my ramblings but I’m F##k##g furious with them and am going to slate them to who ever I meet.

If any one wants to know who this company is please feel free to email me and I tell you. The only reason I don’t want to print there name is I want paid off them first.

do you want the boys to come with you mate. Hope you get it sorted mate as every man deserves to get paid for the work he does. Well done though marc for having some morals and dont give up until ya get ya dosh then name and shame.
    jason
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

problem is companys and their owners like that dont have any shame,they close it down and move on,doing it time and time again,and the goverment do #### all about them

Comment

Marc I`ve emailed you....
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Cheers Jason and Bob, I\'ve got a funny feeling I\'ll get a cheque or cash on Tuesday.......................................

Lisa\'s coming up with me :P .

Only kidding.... Or am I .

Thanks Norman, I\'ve replied to your email, Twice

Comment

good luck, stick one on somebody for me as well Marc.

Comment

The *******s, After today I\'ve got to take it to County Court, The last excuse given to me is they havn\'t had time to write a cheque out. I now have 2 statements from the customers I did the installs for saying they are more than happy with MY work, but will stand by me saying the company is ****e.

Comment

How long has there been automatic sensorship on the board, Just found out it works. :P

Comment

does the comapny have the cash to pay you?? If they do try a garnishee order

need to see a solicitor but he can add his costs to the garnishee.

Basically, as you have a stopped cheque from them you know there bank details. A garnishee is a court order which freezes their bank account until they have paid up. When they have paid up they need to apply to court to get it removed.

I did ssome work for a major oild company about 10 years ago and they just yanked my chain for months over payment. Garnisheed their bank account and they apid up instantly. I had the last laught tho as I had to confirm to the court the debt was paid before the order could be removed. So I went on \'holiday\' for nearly 3 weeks!

A multi million pound oil exploration company brought to a financial standstill for the sake of a few grand.

If you really want blood try an anton-pillar order. this gives you more power than a police search warrant. Walk through their doors and legally take away absolutely everything they posses pending payment!

Are they a limited company?? A winding up order can be fun if they have plenty of assets to loose. Did that one to motorola once. they only owed me 1200 quid, so I sent em a winding up order. got paid in person, in cash same day by a courier who drove from Berkshire to Newcastle. The fun with that one was as a plc they are listed on the stock exchange and any creditors winding up orders are posted at the stock exchange and in the London gazette the following day. their share price would of halved within hours!
                  ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Superb Mark! I\'m going to send our lass a Garnished Anton Pillow request forthwith. Keep us posted Marc.

Comment

Mark stop giving Marc ideas as he is collecting funds for the boat comp. I dont want my assets freezing in the near future. (cheque now in the post) LOL
                      give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Marc give me a ring i will get wor kid to go and get your money for you

Comment

Working...
                        X