Murals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murals

Going across to Belfast next month for a long weekend...any good?

Anyone recommend good drinking/eating holes?
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

1 - The Crown - oldest pub in belfast - its great

2 - Robinsons Bar - next door to Crown

3 - Cutters Wharf - sits on the River Bank - Good Food and Cold Beer

4 - The Chelsea - Lisbon road - Very Good Bar Snacks(steak sarnies/bagettes &chips Etc Etc

5 - The Bot (Botanic Avenue Bar-but locals call it the bot) it is a bit student orientated ,but is a fine bar and has a great crowd in

6 Conners Restaurant - Stranmillis rd (or anywhere on this road for food ,but it can get a bit pricey so ask about before going in - but there is loads to choose from)

7 - Taps2 - down towards the the Albert Clock - Dockside area of town ,but it is the place to be seen now (Ask for Sydney John ,tell him you know Brian & Jill from South Shields ,your hand will never go in your pocket for a round ,he Owns about 5 Gafs but is based here and if he is in ,he will come over and have a bit craic - Honest)

Planks do the best Ulster fry (Total Hangover Cure ,believe me i have had many) this is also on the Lisbon road - opposite side of road to Chelsea but down a bit towards shaftsbury Square

The Benidict is Canny - 60s / 70s/ 80s music ,but has a reputation of a pick up joint (depends who your over with S`pose LOL )

We had a meal upstairs in the morning star a couple of weeks ago, my first time in it and i was very impressed.

i will PM you some others when i can get some sense out of the Belfast Child i am married to

Cheers for now

BriH
    Last edited by BriH; 24-08-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Cheers Bri

Some good info there

Is it worth doing the tourist thing with the Murals etc?
      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

Comment

Aye could be ok - i have had my brother in law take me round (both sides of the divide) so dont know if its worth it ,but have seen some crackers - really good artists - also forgot to say DONT or at least try not to use Black cabs (the London style ones) Cos they cost a fortune - i could go into it but the shortened version is the lads that own them are always from the republican side and as soon as they realise your not "one of them" - this is determined by the area you ask to go to or simply because your on your Hols - they click a few extras onto the tarriff - just stick to the "Normal" taxis

Comment

Bri
          take it you didnt do much fishing
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by BriH View Post
            1 - The Crown - oldest pub in belfast - its great

2 - Robinsons Bar - next door to Crown

3 - Cutters Wharf - sits on the River Bank - Good Food and Cold Beer

4 - The Chelsea - Lisbon road - Very Good Bar Snacks(steak sarnies/bagettes &chips Etc Etc

5 - The Bot (Botanic Avenue Bar-but locals call it the bot) it is a bit student orientated ,but is a fine bar and has a great crowd in

6 Conners Restaurant - Stranmillis rd (or anywhere on this road for food ,but it can get a bit pricey so ask about before going in - but there is loads to choose from)

7 - Taps2 - down towards the the Albert Clock - Dockside area of town ,but it is the place to be seen now (Ask for Sydney John ,tell him you know Brian & Jill from South Shields ,your hand will never go in your pocket for a round ,he Owns about 5 Gafs but is based here and if he is in ,he will come over and have a bit craic - Honest)

Planks do the best Ulster fry (Total Hangover Cure ,believe me i have had many) this is also on the Lisbon road - opposite side of road to Chelsea but down a bit towards shaftsbury Square

The Benidict is Canny - 60s / 70s/ 80s music ,but has a reputation of a pick up joint (depends who your over with S`pose LOL )

We had a meal upstairs in the morning star a couple of weeks ago, my first time in it and i was very impressed.

i will PM you some others when i can get some sense out of the Belfast Child i am married to

Cheers for now

BriH

My vo0te would go to amm on botanic, or the tapas restaurant in the odyssey does tapas for a tenner - eat as much as you like! It's brilliant and it really is eat as much as you like, had about 10 dishes!

greedy fkr ,could of fed a family lol
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

If you like real diddly diddly music try kelly's cellars,walking away from the city hall down donegall place/royal ave . it's set back off the precinct. sat afternoon till late, as is the back room in Robinsons. if you want to try an old bar go into the Morning Star through the entry in anne street. as for the murals tour just go for it . Ive been back and forward for the past six months, and i think 'both sides' are quite happy to show their heritage, and hopefully history. After saying that i worked in Belfast for a year 82/83 when all the barriers were up and you went through the turnstiles,and you know what , it was just as entertaining a city then as it is now, i'm sure it's twinned with Newcastle, cos i was always flying out with Paddies{with hangovers} and meeting geordies at the airport when i was coming home. anyway if your going for the Chilli Fest watch for a band called Solas , and First Light ,but after seeing your myspace blog you'll be off the wall anyway ENJOY

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                Bri
                take it you didnt do much fishing
                LOL - i do my fishing up at the top end (Bushmills,Balintoy harbour,Colraine)

Belfast is drinking time ,and i need to keep my practice in ,i have this recurring dream that the UK is about to go through "prohibition " so i drink in case it happens the next day LOL

Comment

Cheers Lads

Well it's this friday me and the lass go and I'm looking forward to it....any further advice?....apart from dialysis on my return
                  Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post

....any further advice?....
                    leave your orange shirts at home
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

better not do this either......
                      Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Sectarianism does'nt interest me and probably anyone else that uses this site,it should be left in the past or viewed on the walls over there as a reminder
                        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                          should be left in the past or viewed on the walls over there as a reminder
                          which is something I intend to do
                          Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                          X