Driver Awareness Course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Awareness Course.

Going on a one tmoro at Chester-le-Street cricket ground, got done for doing 35 in a 30 limit .. has anyone been on one.....whats it like

Boring

Watch some videos. Tick some boxes. Watch some more PowerPoint stuff and more videos about accidents

Listen to an ex driving instructor waffle on
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Waste of half a days holiday then..

Comment

If it's instead of 3 points, a half day well spent!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
          If it's instead of 3 points, a half day well spent!
          True, but sounds like a long half day..

Comment

been on two mate, learned -

speed camera can pick you up at 1000yds

they cost £20k and are owned by the LA but operated by the police

only around 10% of them are operational at any one time

accident investigators can tell how fast you were going after an accident to an accuracy of 1mph by examining the tyre marks on the road

Take a pillow with yer

Comment

i had to bite my lip, its a cracking little money spinner for them that run it - jus count how many 80 quids are sat in that room for 4 hours, and they do three sessions a day

there was one bit about some guy who died in a crash, he wasn't speeding or at fault even - had an unsecured toolbox in the boot that when travelled forward and hit him in the back, the guy up front went on and on and on and on... couldn't help but thinking WTF has that got to do with speed awareness

definitely seemed to be some bit there were there just to fill the time
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Went on one couple of years ago , got caught doing 33 in a 30 the digital camera in Seghill is a rite killa lol. Worth the time to keep your license clean and cheap insurance especially nowadays lol

Comment

Yer, I forgot about the tool box routine, got that also, actually even though nowt to do with speeding not bad advice.

I also now remember the lecture about waiting to turn right on a main road, crack was you've got to keep yer wheels pointed straight ahead and not with right lock because if someone rams you up the arse you could be pushed into oncoming traffic

Comment

I'd just take the points. An SP30 doesn't affect your insurance. Bad enough all of the patronising safety courses and toolbox talks at work, but at least I'm being paid to do that instead of paying £80 to be powerpointed senseless.
                    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Been on one and it slowed me down a bit. An old guy, parcel delivery driver from Glasgow was on the same course. Genuinely didn't know there was a national speed limit. Thought it was no limit unless it stated otherwise. Amazed he's still alive but it explains the M8.
                      "If you can read this, you're too close"

Comment

Just been on a course 21st December.
                        Just for your attention,if your insurance company ask if you been on a speed awareness course you have to inform them.
                        You'll probably get penalised as if you'd took the 3 points

Comment

I've got 3 points which come off in August and didnt fancy another 3 on now, so opted for the course.
                          Do they supply tea and biscuits...

Comment

free vend

Comment

I done the course up at cramlington last year, thought it was funny how the majority of people on it were middle aged women not being sexist...but it makes you think who are the better drivers, especially as lasses get cheeper car insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X