No announcement yet.

Arnold Clark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Area Manager phoned me today regarding my complaint(the 3rd person to call). To cut a long story short I outlined my complaint informed him that I had contacted CAB and Motor Trades Code of Practice and if I got no satisfaction I would hand my case over to them. He, I must admit, did not seem too impressed by this. I then had a bit of inspiration and informed him that I was well known in the community, having founded and run, as a charity, the now most successful youth theatre company in Scotland and had a great relationship with our local daily evening newspaper which has a circulation of 15,000 in an area of 60,000 population. A bit of a guess, but it was pretty close after I checked when he hung up! I suggested they would love to write such a story as they knew me well and would trust my account of my issues with Arnold Clark. He said he would "check with his superiors" and get back to me.

Fifteen minutes later he was back on with a totally different attitude. So apologetic and asked what we wanted to resolve this matter. I asked for a wriiten apology admitting their bad practices and as Lynn has now no confidence in them to do the MOT's and 1 more service, I asked for the entire amount of the money we paid for the "service package" when we bought the car. He immediately agreed to both! Damn, should have asked for more!

So Cab and Trading Standards didn't seem to frighten him, but a local newspaper with a very large circulation did. Note for the future lads, big companies hate bad press.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

nice one mark.more money in your pocket.well pleased yous got it all sorted out.

Comment

Top result m8 well done mark thats a triumph for the "little" people over big franchises ;-);-):-D:-D

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
          Well the Area Manager phoned me today regarding my complaint(the 3rd person to call). To cut a long story short I outlined my complaint informed him that I had contacted CAB and Motor Trades Code of Practice and if I got no satisfaction I would hand my case over to them. He, I must admit, did not seem too impressed by this. I then had a bit of inspiration and informed him that I was well known in the community, having founded and run, as a charity, the now most successful youth theatre company in Scotland and had a great relationship with our local daily evening newspaper which has a circulation of 15,000 in an area of 60,000 population. A bit of a guess, but it was pretty close after I checked when he hung up! I suggested they would love to write such a story as they knew me well and would trust my account of my issues with Arnold Clark. He said he would "check with his superiors" and get back to me.

Fifteen minutes later he was back on with a totally different attitude. So apologetic and asked what we wanted to resolve this matter. I asked for a wriiten apology admitting their bad practices and as Lynn has now no confidence in them to do the MOT's and 1 more service, I asked for the entire amount of the money we paid for the "service package" when we bought the car. He immediately agreed to both! Damn, should have asked for more!

So Cab and Trading Standards didn't seem to frighten him, but a local newspaper with a very large circulation did. Note for the future lads, big companies hate bad press.
          Well done kayos a true Scotsman with a Bone money in the hipper

Comment

Am feeling well chuffed for you mark great result m8.you stood up to them and fought your corner and won it doesn't get any better than that m8

Comment

well done mark joe public 1 bad company nil,excellent
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Thanks lads. I was feeling suitably smug until Lynn said I can now take her away for Valentine's day!

So much for the Shimano Charter Special!!

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post

Canny result mate and I'm honestly pleased it's worked out well for you and your lass but were not all national celebrities so others may be unable to apply the same strategy

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                    Canny result mate and I'm honestly pleased it's worked out well for you and your lass but were not all national celebrities so others may be unable to apply the same strategy
                    Haha, national celebrities!? I am more famous for being a crap fisherman than anything else!

Comment

now now mark,dont put yourself down,you are not crap,your are part of a very successful team/pair.

thank god the other one catches
                      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                        now now mark,dont put yourself down,you are not crap,your are part of a very successful team/pair.

thank god the other one catches
                        Yes thank you for that vote of (no) confidence Duncan!!

Comment

well done mate, glad its worked out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mick303 View Post
                            well done mate, glad its worked out for you.
                            We are too Mick!

Comment

Just to add a bit to this thread, ive worked in main dealers for 20 years and about 6-7 years ago the motor industry brought out VHC's, vehicle health checks, if a customer comes in for a bulb to be renewed and the vehicle goes into the workshop then they are obliged to carry out a health check on the vehicle. If that car has a fault on it, say a bald tyre and goes 2 miles down the road and has a catastrophic blow out and the garage did not notice it or inform the customer of it then they become lialble or negligent.
                              However what garages have used these VHC's for is "upsell", the mechanic, service advisor and department s will be on a 'upsell' bonus based on how many extras they sell to the customer, hence why you have been advised of renewal of plugs, filters, belts etc.
                              One thing I will say though is that it would probably cost £70 for an oil and filter change and remember the free vhc, as opposed to £200 for what is described as a service but is really just an oil and filter change and vhc!

Comment

Originally posted by jamiebrennan View Post
                                Just to add a bit to this thread, ive worked in main dealers for 20 years and about 6-7 years ago the motor industry brought out VHC's, vehicle health checks, if a customer comes in for a bulb to be renewed and the vehicle goes into the workshop then they are obliged to carry out a health check on the vehicle. If that car has a fault on it, say a bald tyre and goes 2 miles down the road and has a catastrophic blow out and the garage did not notice it or inform the customer of it then they become lialble or negligent.
                                However what garages have used these VHC's for is "upsell", the mechanic, service advisor and department s will be on a 'upsell' bonus based on how many extras they sell to the customer, hence why you have been advised of renewal of plugs, filters, belts etc.
                                One thing I will say though is that it would probably cost £70 for an oil and filter change and remember the free vhc, as opposed to £200 for what is described as a service but is really just an oil and filter change and vhc!
                                This VHC thing, is it a legal requirement or just something the garages have cooked up? I think the latter and this liability thing is just something the owners tell the staff for motivation to boost work, really it's the car driver who is responsible for the vehicle being in a roadworthy condition and not some arfer daily garage owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X