Scutch Chisel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scutch Chisel?

Anyone got one I can borrow or know somewhere local I can get one?

I need to chase some socket back boxes, always used a drill & bolster but watched a YouTube video that made it look easier with the scutch.

Spent an hour scouring the net, might get one at Hancock tools.
    Cheers, Keith.

Item number:

Ebay if you can wait mate

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
      Item number:

Ebay if you can wait mate
      Cheers! Could do with it today or tomorrow, I'll try a few local places on the way home.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

screwfix?

got one for my SDS drill a couple of years back in there
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Cheers!

Screwfix do one for the SDS, bit pricey though but got one at Buck & Hickman next door.

Made the job slightly easier, the bricks in this house are hard as hell, might be worth investing in an SDS drill / chisel.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

tried a power chisel once keith in a bid to speed the job up, ended up having to get half the wall plastered no substitute for meticulous hand chiselling which results in perfect fit with no bodge required, I like to drill say 6mm holes around the marked out box line and then some within just to give yerself a fighting chance nightmare like but that's sparkying

Comment

Am a electrician and get My tools from a electrical wholesalers. Try city electrical factors, Edmondson or yes electrical. Be the best quality and good prices

Comment

I've found park cheaper than them mate, anyway you'll probably get a better deal for tools at Northern tools or cromwell

Comment

I forgot to say park. I'll have a look at the other ones you said thanks

Comment

Cheers lads, jobs done & shoulder's knackered lol.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                      tried a power chisel once keith in a bid to speed the job up, ended up having to get half the wall plastered no substitute for meticulous hand chiselling which results in perfect fit with no bodge required, I like to drill say 6mm holes around the marked out box line and then some within just to give yerself a fighting chance nightmare like but that's sparkying
                      Good advice Gordon. Keep at it with a bolster and get a good fit with no broken bricks. That's why I hate house bashing, too much like hard work, I'll stick to repairs thanks.
                      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

never new yer were a spark mate though you probably have mentioned it to me. I'm lucky, industrial maintenance & installation but love jobs do crop up if you know what I mean

Comment

Yeah, mainly commercial and industrial maintenance for me mate, although I'm taking it easy with this job doing general maintenance. 40 hours, no standby, no call outs, no interruptions to my weekend fishing.
                          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

and a cracking weekend it was too mate
                            Last edited by g.ordon; 20-05-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X