Wrinklies go mad in M&S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrinklies go mad in M&S!

I know this post will just add to the myth that Scots are tight, but M&S are doing a meal for two for £10, including a bottle of wine this weekend. Being a fan of their food, but rarely shop there due to the cost, I thought, excellent a nice meal for tonight on the cheap!

Just back from the shop and it is pandemonium with wrinklies stalking the aisles and arguing over the food! I spent about 5 minutes waiting to get to the cold shelf where the meals are kept. One woman literally had all the packs of rumps steaks on the floor searching through them. I had no idea what she was doing until another lady told me she was looking for the heaviest pack!

When I finally got to the front I was outfoxed by a pincer movement by two old ladies in there seventies who attacked me from either flank and elbowed me out the way. I said, in a jocular way, "Aye just push me out the way ladies!" To which one replied, "Aye if you're not fast your last son!"

I managed to get my shopping and retreated mentally scarred, but relatively unscathed!
    Last edited by kayos; 23-05-2014, 11:07 AM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

I work at M&S and I know that Dine In and a bank holiday weekend are a lethal combination. Tempers are fraying at the one I'm at now. Losers.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
      I work at M&S and I know that Dine In and a bank holiday weekend are a lethal combination. Tempers are fraying at the one I'm at now. Losers.
      It was nuts!

Comment

Always is for Dine In mate. They were queuing at the door at 8 this morning. Before work pre emptive strikes!
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
          Always is for Dine In mate. They were queuing at the door at 8 this morning. Before work pre emptive strikes!
          I went in last time at 9am, only to be told at the checkout I couldn't have wine until 10am! Duh, went to Costa til 10am.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
            I went in last time at 9am, only to be told at the checkout I couldn't have wine until 10am! Duh, went to Costa til 10am.
            Early start or late finish?

Comment

My gran and grandad love the place, I always assumed its a different generation thing with M&S

That said the food I have had from there has been as good as resturant
              Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
              CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Lol! Sounds like it was a nightmare, think I'll just get a Chinese!

Comment

tight ?

so you went to costa ? it's about £4 for a coffee init...thats nearly half your budget..

if you'd worn the nice black dress you could of out-flanked the ould yins...

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                    tight ?

so you went to costa ? it's about £4 for a coffee init...thats nearly half your budget..

if you'd worn the nice black dress you could of out-flanked the ould yins...
                    When were you last in Costa Rob? £2.20 for a large Americano.

Mark is busy making the tea, so I sneaked on!!

PS You seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession with my PVC dress
                    Last edited by Codqueen; 23-05-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X