X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England Footbllers

They should be sacked from club and country
    Alan

i think they get paid far to much money for what they are doing. They make really daft mistakes sometimes and for how much there getting paid for a week it shouldnt be happening.

I think the wages are stupid.
    Always got it!

Comment

I think there should be a wgae cap, but with regard to their attitude to whats gone on, I think the FA are the ones to make the balls up (scuse the pun).
      "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

OK, I realise that I\'m sticking my head above the parapet here and that I\'ll probably come under a bit of flack, but......

I think the FA have acted as they should\'ve over the Ferdinand business.

It\'s all well and good, (as I\'ve heard people) saying \"what about innocent \'til proven guilty?\" but he HAS NOT been accused of taking anything which he shouldn\'t have. Therefore, neither \"innocence\", nor \"guilt\" come into the arguement.

As I see it, he failed to attend the drugs test within a specified timescale - ie he failed to comply with \"the rules\".

If you were going abroad on holiday and you needed documents proving you had recieved all the relevent jabs and then failed to provide them, you wouldn\'t be allowed to go there! - you would have failed to comply with the rules. - just a rough example.

At a time when English football is under intense worlwide scrutiny (once again), I think the FA were correct in their actions.

As to the ongoing saga about a \"banning\" - I don\'t know enough of the detail to comment on that. All I can ask is that are we really expected to believe that a proffessional, at the pinnacle of his career, representing his country, would \"forget\" to undergo such a test - or for that matter, that it would be soley left to that person to remember to attend the test?

Comment

The problem I have is how long it takes the FA to sort these things out. As I see it the incident happened 2 weeks b4 one of the biggest games England have faced in years, surely it could\'ve been sorted out b4 then!
          "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

It is the opinion of medical experts that a person at the peak of physical fitness as Ferdinand would be, would only require some 36 hours in which rid their system of all traces of recreational drugs such as cannabis. So whilst the test taken on the Monday was negative had he taken the test as he should have done on the Saturday, it may have been positive. Whatever his excuses are, he is guilty of not complying with the test requirements. On the other hand however, I think there is gross negligence from is employers in allowing him to leave the practice pitch before the dope test was carried out. Lets face it, most footballers are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Also the way the F.A. have handled things leaves a lot to be desired.

As for footballers wages, there is a simple and easy way of capping their wages, stop going to matches and stop watching games on the telly. The economics of supply and demand will then prevail. I also belive in fairies, flying pigs and I\'m preparing my letter to Santa Clause for Christmas.
            aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

According to the papers,\"Mr\" Ferdinand was told twice by the drug testing officials that he had to take a test that day.The 2nd time.after training in the changing rooms.Then he \"forgot\".Would he have tested positive?No-one knows but \"Mr\" Ferdinand, overpaid, overrated(IMO), and as has previously been said. probably not one of the sharpest knives in Man-we are untouchable-chester Un-cos Fergy says so-ited.Centre half= .No disrespect to any other centre half.Result fined 2 wks wages and told next time we\'ll take you sweeties off you.

Comment

if he wasn\'t playing for the Manc\'s the sentence would have been much much worse, a ban at least. Prblem is the FA are **** scared of Man U. If it was the Toon or that other team I once heard about from the north east I\'d expect a ban for the player and probably points deducted to make an example. Take 12 points of em I say. At the end of the day rules is rules. If the Mancs had taken it to court and won it might have made an interesting precedent tho..\"no Officer I can\'t blow in that bag at the moment, can I come back on Monday!\"
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Man City player did exactly the same (but wasn\'t moving house) and received a fine of £2000. Looks like Rio could be banned for six months. Edgar Davids and Jaap Staam wre both done for actually testing positive and received 4 month bans. Hmmm lets wait and see how fair the FA are to Rio!

Comment

Maybe make an example of him

Comment

Working...
                    X