BONGA: Remember ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BONGA: Remember ???

Those of you who were on the old Board last Winter, will no doubt remember the saga of the arival of the Bonga (biggest vessel to ever enter the Tyne). It\'s coming in....it\'s postponed....it\'s coming in.....it\'s postponed....etc.

When it DID finally come in, I posted some pix to show the size of the thing.......well, it\'s now ready to leave after having a further 22,000 tonnes and a considerable amount of height addded.

Following the trend of the arival, the departure has already been postponed a couple of times due to the weather / sea state.

The next favourable date (as far as the tides go) is this Friday (17th).

Took this pic last Thursday - this is what she looks like now........

i remember it, it makes you wonder how something that size floats dun it
    ...proper job...

Comment

LOL, Kimo....aye and my 6oz lead sinks like, well...errrmmm....lead

Comment

Got up yesterday and read on teletext (at 9:30 ish) that she was sailing at 10am... figured we\'d get to the tynemouth priory carpark in time to watch her sail past and catch some pictures... came through Seaton Sluice and realised the damned thing had left early think it was a couple of miles out at least.

Comment

Seen the bonga go out yesterday i was on the boat a couple of mile of. The dfds seaways ferry was waiting for ages to get in. It was a good site seeing the size of the ferry to the Bonga. When they went past each other.
          Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

Great shot of the ship Tony, and how blue is that sky ??
            If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

Aye Harry, it WAS a nice day.

Used a polariser on the lens - it really brings out the colours.
              Bit of a bugger missing the thing going out, though

I was doing stuff for work on the computer from 8:00pm Sat night \'til 4:15am Sunday morning, so I was fast asleep when it left the river....lol

[Edited on 20/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

Its the type of thing I work on a converted oil tanker into oil gas production here in Brazil.Also many in the North sea.

[Editat el 22/10/2003 per John]
                http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X