A week in Gdansk(with photos) P2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A week in Gdansk(with photos) P2

With our booked charter trip for Baltic Cod cancelled, due to wind(where have I heard that before) we decided, as we were up early a trip to Sopot would be a good idea. I had looked it up online before we left, so I knew we had to get the train. We got the bus to the station and looked for Sopot on the boards, to no avail! I knew that my generation of Poles spoke German and maybe Russian(no surprise there), but the young ones spoke English, as schools made English compulsory from primary one about 12 years ago. Britain please take note - if we don't make a second language in primary and secondary school compulsory, the next generation will be consigned to stay in the UK and the dole! Anyway I digress, not finding Sopot on the station boards, we asked a young person. "You take the Gdynia train." So no list of stations in between then, just the destination. Ok so on the train(75p for 15km) we were heartened to see a a LED display of all the stops on the way, so we counted ours was 11th, no problem - well actually a wee problem, the train didn't stop at all the stations!! Anyway we got there and went to the pier - and what a pier!!

Oh and a Santa!? Also Sopot is 1614km from South-End on Sea, twinned I presume.

Back in Gdansk, a new day meant museum/gallery day. So many to choose from! Here's a few photos.

The wardens follow you around about 4ft from you all through the museums, really off putting - I mean you would need a forklift to steal anything!!
    Sorry guys, run out of photo space so will have to do a part 3 - Oh god please no I hear you cry!!

Oh and WFT!??

Last edited by kayos; 22-04-2015, 08:01 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Great read and pictures Mark . The train sounded interesting

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
      Great read and pictures Mark . The train sounded interesting

Norm
      Thanks Norman. Lynn says - "3am! Are you having a laugh?" Haha!!

Can't wait to meet up again.
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

as ever mark great "report"--now thats a pier--i take it noone fishing off it
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
        X