century tip tornado advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• century tip tornado advice

lads I know a few of you have the tip tornado I need some advice as I am thinking of buying one but not sure of the model that would be suitable.
    first of all I only tend to fish the piers and sometimes the beach never go of rock marks.
    I use 5 oz leads most of the time, I am not the best caster in the world but have improved since getting back into sea fishing after a long time away.
    rods I have at the moment zipplez sst, leeda icon match
    any advice would be most welcome lads
    consett warlord retired

no one got a tip tornado then
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
      no one got a tip tornado then
      Not any more, sold my old Supermatch a few years ago!

Seriously though, from what you've described, I'd probably look at the match version (especially if using mostly 5oz). Mine was the older 13ft model - the newer range are 13-6 I believe...the Sport is more suited to mixed/rough and a heavier lead. The Supermatch was my favourite from the range and while it could overhead thump ok it was really more suited to somewhere that you could wind it up a bit - lovely to fish with though.

There's also the TTLD which would cover the sort of fishing you describe but unfortunately I don't have any experience with this model...mind you the TTLDSM is a very nice rod - it's rated to 150g but will handle 175 if needed, nice and light and very responsive. Hope this helps a bit, I'm sure others will weigh in with their views.

Gary
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
        Not any more, sold my old Supermatch a few years ago!

Seriously though, from what you've described, I'd probably look at the match version (especially if using mostly 5oz). Mine was the older 13ft model - the newer range are 13-6 I believe...the Sport is more suited to mixed/rough and a heavier lead. The Supermatch was my favourite from the range and while it could overhead thump ok it was really more suited to somewhere that you could wind it up a bit - lovely to fish with though.

There's also the TTLD which would cover the sort of fishing you describe but unfortunately I don't have any experience with this model...mind you the TTLDSM is a very nice rod - it's rated to 150g but will handle 175 if needed, nice and light and very responsive. Hope this helps a bit, I'm sure others will weigh in with their views.

Gary
        thank you for the reply sir I now have a century tip tornado sport had a few casts before purchase on sunday down a roker beach and I like the rod.
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
        X