for gogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for gogs

hi gogs,I originate from auld reekie and was quite active in the match fishing up there twenty years ago just wondered how long you have been there and if you know any of my old mates.

ferret,

you would be better posting it in shore fishing as thats the forum he looks at most.

who do you know in edinburgh??

whats your real name??

i live about 1/2 a mile from gogs

Comment

Hi ferret lived in auld reekie all my life m8, 20 years ago i neglected my fishing a bit as i was travelling round the country fitting hospital labs and receiptions & shopfitting,pm me your mates names and i will see if i remember them

Comment

name is beleive it or not ROD originally from DRYLAW.Have been in craigroyston s.a.c. and northfield s.a.c.old mates were Brian Ball ,Willy clark,know Hughy smith from clyde specimen hunters and a few lads from south queensferry big SHUG and his mate cant remember his name.Was quite active in the EASTERN PART OF THE SFSA.At one point was the comp secy.

Comment

Rod i know Brian but he probably wouldnt have remembered me,meet hughy smith a few times. Les will know the other names you mentioned as he was fishing all the boat matches then.
          only started match fishing again a few years ago after i chucked the shopfitting lark that took up alot of my time.
          you say you were originally from Edinburgh,where you living now?

Comment

Moved to hull in 86 then moved back up as far as Hartlepool in 92 and have been here since.come back home though two or three times a year to see mee auld mam.Might have a trip up to Eyemouth in the summer for the red cod.Just considering wether to have a trip over to North Wales for the Huss/Skate/BlackBream.Strictly a TERRA FIRMA angler though.Gave up too many breakfasts when i was younger at Eyemouth/Dunbar to realise that boats are not for me.what about you?where in Edinburgh are you from?

Comment

ferret,

i remember \"sweaty\" balls very well but would cross the street to avoid him now.

i know hughie smith very well, in fact the last time i fished with him we were partners in the pairs in the EFSA individual boat comp at arbroath about 3 or 4 years ago, we won the pairs and i had to bolt after the match, hughie picked up the prize money....£24 if i remember rightly.....still waiting for my half.....lol

probably used it on the massive tax bill he got after the investigation he had.....lol

willie clark, the name rings a bell, did you know any of the glandville brothers or adrian black or jimmy meiklejohn or joe mcintosh??

Comment

Hi Les,I heard brian wasnt that popular dont know what caused it though.I think I know Adrian by name more than by friendship.Didnt he fish with Gordan lyall.I think the last time I seen them was at a small boats comp held here in Hartlepool about 1994.The last time I seen hughy was digging whites at PP a couple of years ago.He knows me as Roddy with ginger hair.Whats the Forth rail bridge like for cod now?Lost many a good fish there right inbetween the girders.

Comment

Rod mainly a TERRA FIRMA man myself with only the occasional boat trip thrown in.its been a while since if fished at the bridge on the north side but never had nowt big there mainly just sized codlings and the occasional one over 3lb.
                  i stay in oxgangs m8

Comment

ferret,

it was me adrian was fishing with in hartlepool, i had my seahog shortie at the time,i think we won £100 that day, i remember him talking to someone, nobody sees him these days, dropped right off the radar.

gordon lyall is in thailand just now, been out there for about a year

brian ball just had a knack for rubbing people up the wrong way

Comment

Gogs if you fancy somewhere new to try get yersel down to North wales.Have fished it for about 12 years now for a week every year. Cant beat it for species,smoothies ,bullhuss,bream ,bass,and about 5 types of ray.Have caught over 300lb of huss in one session between 3 of us.Rays to 15lb bass 7/8 pound etc.All these are caught from about 4 marks.You also get a good run of black bream in one of the harbours that can touch 4lb.Last year a nice Tope of 38lb was caught whilst fishing for rays.Good thing is you can get all your crab there and mackerel aswell.Best shore fishing i have ever found for quality and quantity.

Comment

Glad to hear you\'ve packed in the shoplifting Gordon, good lad!

Comment

sounds good Rod,what time of year you talking about for that?
                          Lol @ Ell was waiting for that one m8

Comment

Nice one Ell. Gordon I had to bight my tounge mate, I read it wrong and thought you had written it for a laugh lol. Pleased I read it again or would have had rather a read face.

Jim.
                            Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Best time seems to be in may/june.the better the weather the earlier the rays come in so we usually go mid may till mid june.The huss are in first then the rays follow.Smoothies are June, bream and bass all the time.Best of all is the weather cant affect it much as you can always find somewhere to fish.Some good crab marks to boot,fill your bucket in an hour without breaking a sweat.

Comment

Working...
                              X