X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is a donor

just having a discussion with debra lastnight
    she asked me if i would become an organ donor
    well ive always wanted to go to heaven(or hell)
    with all my bits intact
    i think she has talked me round to being a donor
    mind you i feel sorry for anyone who gets my liver
    and everyone says i havent got a heart

is anyone else on here a organ donor and whats your views on the subject

sless

Yes.......we all are in this house,cant see the point in not being a donor,your Organs are no use to you if you are dead and you are a long time dead,respect anyone that does\'nt believe in it though,thats there choice
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

Never really thought about it before to be honest. You\'re right what you say Alan though.
      Davy

Comment

I think the autorities have this whole idea of organ donation the wrong way round......it should be an \"opt out\" rather than an \"opt in\" situation.

Those who DO NOT want to have their organs used after their death should need to carry a card saying so.

The \"norm\" should be that organs ARE removed for transplant use.

I\'ve carried organ donor cards and been on the register all my adult life, as have the rest of the family.

However, that doesn\'t matter one jot, as it\'s up to the next of kin to make the decision when it comes to the crunch. A potential donor could, like me, have carried a card and been on the register all his life, but if his next of kin decides that they don\'t want them \"cut up\" the organs will go to waste...........How ridiculous is THAT!

I think that organ removal should be a matter of course and those who don\'t want it, should carry a card saying so.

Comment

Had a Donor card for a few years now Sless, ever since my dad was on a donor list for
          A kidney. Wish more people would carry them, as there are not nearly enough donors
          To match the amount of people on waiting lists for organ donation.
          Like you, god help anyone getting my liver, in fact it will probably go straight in the bin.

Comment

im a bit like sless i want to go with all my bits intact ,im not sure any of my bits are of any use after a lifetime of abuse ,if i thought they would be used to save someones life then maybe but im against having them removed for testing,i do carry a card but always have doubts

not sure about it being the norm it opens too many doors for abuse

and it does happen

another thing im against is donating to the NHS then them selling them on to private concerns

just look up at the google links lol

[Edited on 28/8/2005 by bribones]
            cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

This is something I\'ve given concideration to for some time now ,both of my parents died although transplants wouldn\'t have helped ,simply being in the hospital knowing how many people need them was quite life changing . My dad was on what they call \" angel ward \" at the Freeman hospital ,basically cancer and heart disease ,major op. ward etc , anyway they trundle in a bloke to the next bed ....I thought hello I know him ,used to work with him at the Cordwainers pub in Newcastle when I was younger,he was one hell of a doorman and it was canny rough ,turns out he had to be shipped there every day just in case there was a rush chance of a heart and lung donor .....made me think ,although I\'ve done nothing about it I will get it sorted from Tuesday (when the docs is open and I can get a card ) also I\'ll let my family know my feelings on the matter..this is just the kick up the ar*e I needed. Thanks Sless
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

if i didnt agree its the next of kin that they ask

well im being cut up and shared out
                i hope i do someone some good

sless

Comment

can I have your Octopus off your heed
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

need a sharp scalpel,its well stuck

sless

Comment

I\'ve carried one for years. Let your family know though so it doesn\'t come as a suprise to them and cause any more grief than it has to.

Comment

Never gave it much thought untill reading these posts.
                        I have asked myself the question \" what do I need all my bits for after I,m dead ? the answer came back \" NOWT \". So I, ll let somebody look aftr them for me when I,m gone.
                        I,ll be getting a donor card today and let my next o0f kin know my wishes.
                        As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
                        but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
                        X