• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Photo Shop CS2

anyone used this ?,any good ? etc etc

thinking of getting it
    cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

I use elements Bri which is good,not sure about CS2,is someone giving it to you for nowt mate ?
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

ps cs2 is THE best photo editing package out there. nothing comes even close, heres a couple of pics i took then edited using cs2. i\'m no expert but i think they turned out ok (ish)

Comment

excellent mate,
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Got to agree Micky, great pics mate.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Micky has cs2 got a \"gamma\" adjustment
            Alan

Comment

CS2 is ok...depends on your needs. Whats new in CS2 is masses of colour profiling and xml support workflows aimed at the print and reprographics industry, some new SVG stuff - if you don\'t know what svg is you probably don\'t need it! Improved Adobe PDF workflow and some support for the new JDF format (job description file) all of which does really target the high end commercial print user. Also much bigger support for adobe version cue, which is aimed at large groups of users working on the same files throughout the cs2 suite (illustrator, InDesign etc), there\'s also something new called exchange for browsing and swaping between applications

as far as the 9to5 stuff of editing images goes, you might find a copy of photoshop 7 or CS1 a lot cheaper than paying for CS2, and lot faster as its system and memory requirements are lower - you need at least 384 meg of free ram to do anything with it and if you want to work on big files....double it!

took the exams and got the full adobe acredition last year, and I\'ve got all singing all dancing photoshop files here that over 300meg in size, and thats before you try open them and expand them. I work on a dual processor G5 mac, with 2 gig of ram. In PS7 those files open stacks faster than in CS2, so as a \'pro\' user I\'m not overly impressed

Plus with cs2 you\'ve the whole nightmare of validation to go through when you install the thing, something you are spared with older versions. Might even have some older copies of 6 and 7 kicking around somewhere, certainly got the mac versions and probably windoze versions as well, If I can find a windoxze one you can have it.

But PS is THE image editing package bar none, forget all your corel\'s and paintshop pros, they are mere Lada\'s to adobes Formula 1!
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Micky has cs2 got a \"gamma\" adjustment
                CS2 has...shame nobody ever told microsoft about gamma settings

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

one of the main things i like about adobe photoshop is it has many \"quick fix options\" that work great but has more advaced features which you can learn bit by bit and make it very flexable, i\'m learning slowly and i\'m only scratching the surface, to learn all its features would take a lifetime.
                  for example if you want to sharpen an image you can simply use the sharpen or sharpen more feature, which on a whole work great, but if you use the unsharp mask tool and adjust amount, radius and threshold seperately you have a lot more control over the sharpening. if you want to go even further you can create seperate sharpening layers (but i\'m not quite upto that sort of level yet)
                  cs2 is a tool that can grow with you.

Comment

well at £522:87 inc vat i hope im getting it for nowt

therefor the answer is yes alan lol pro gratis

ive got a few packages ie serif and a couple of others that came with hardware but there naff ,most the tools i need just arnt there

been looking at the photoshop packages and there all high priced(well the decent ones) so i had a sniff round and found one
                    cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

word of caution...

in a hypothetically situation, where you might intall a version you\'found somehwere\' purely to \'evaluate\'......

all the cs version check back to a serialization server at adobe to check out the legitimacy of serial numbers, and the serial number of any file you create is embedded digitally in the file, meaning adobe can open any image created in PS and tell you the serial number of the version of photoshop that created it

if you install V6 or V7 unplug from the net when you install, as it sends all the information you type in - name adress, numbers etc, and you IP address back to adobe

CS1 will run with bogus numbers, CS2 is a different matter, the old vailadtion malarkey can take over and kill it

Mickey try unsharp masking on individual colour channels (control and ~ together to switch channels) apply slightly differnt radius values to each channel as you unsharp mask it can give you some much more subtle results for even quite high sharpen values.

Thought for the day:

Comment

Mickey try unsharp masking on individual colour channels (control and ~ together to switch channels) apply slightly differnt radius values to each channel as you unsharp mask it can give you some much more subtle results for even quite high sharpen values.
                        cheers, i\'ll give that a go mark. loads to learn but slowly getting there. found around 40 copies of digital photo magazine in a charity shop for next to nothing all with cover disks full of photoshop step by step tutorials, video tutorials and filters so i\'m going to slowly work my way through them. they are excellent and quite easy to follow, a real bargain at £4 for the lot !

Comment

if you use bit torrent for downloads or something like emule/ or limewire, do a search for photoshop tutorails or lynda

lynda.com make some of the best training videos going, and there\'s copies lurking all over the place

Thought for the day:

Comment

Mark
                            do you know what other progs have a gamma setting, ie. photo shop 7
                            Alan

Comment

all version of photoshop have the ability to maodify gamma settings. version of illustrator and Indesign from CS1 onwards, do as well

For what it is worth, target Gamma for print purposes should be around 1.8, but windows can often screw this up, adobe do also have some utilities on their site you can download for calibrating colour and gamma settings sytem wide, and allow you to modify game for individual colour channels, and set a white point adjustment as well

Thought for the day:

Comment

Working...
                              X