\"future\" plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• \"future\" plans

i am at college as most of you no now, doing my national diploma in maintenace and opeartions, and quite a bit of electrical work.
    into my 4th week now i think and have settled down alot.

but................ got a phone call of the R.A.F on saturday asking me if i still wanted the engineering apprentice, but i said i was at college, they then said till when, and i said 2007, then they told me to reaply if i wanted to when i finish college.

i think it was around the £150 a week at 16, and would be a good job.
    but now not sure what decisions i shoudd of made
    "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
    Tight Lines,
    jonny mc

Join the RAF and see the world Jonny.......It will be for free and you will never get an opportunity like this land at your feet again.

DO IT...
    Clare

yes it is her.

Comment

one catch. . . . . . .

call me a \"big pussy\" if you like

dont like leaving home
      "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
      Tight Lines,
      jonny mc

Comment

How do you know if you don\'t like if you never try it......

BIG PUSSY.

THE RAF
        They will teach you what you want to know to get the job you want.....You will get paid for learning and you will get to travel.

COLLEGE
        You have to go and they do not pay you and the only travelling you get to do is from your house to college and back.

Your Choice...but I know what I would do if I was in your shoes

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by Clare]
        Clare

yes it is her.

Comment

i no its a very good opening to my future, but i just dont seem ready......still a teenager, like my weekends to myself, and i dont like long hours, not sure of any of this with the RAF, going to have to get them to send another information pack out.
          Tight Lines,
          jonny mc

Comment

Clares right johnny get yourself into the raf and the opportunitys are endless,and who knows you might end up @ RAF Luechars only 20 miles from some decent fishing

Comment

like my own bed, me mams cooking, etc etc etc, hahahahaha
              Tight Lines,
              jonny mc

Comment

Jonny, My old man nagged at me to join the navy like he did. to spite him I went and joined the army. best move I ever made.Saw the world, saw a lot of women,but most of all it taught me a hell of a lot.
                go join the air force and catch fish in your time off in foriegn parts.
                As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
                but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Despite all the advice to the contrary Jonny and reading your replies, it\'s pretty clear to me that you don\'t actually WANT to go into the RAF (just yet, anyway). I think committing to THAT is something that you need to REALLY WANT to do.
                  You\'ve only just recently left school - enjoy your teenage years without having any commitments. Commitments will come all too soon anyway - that\'s part of growing up.
                  Finish your college course and, at the end of it, you still fancy the RAF, then re-apply.

As I said it goes completely against what others have said and it\'s obviously a descision to be made by YOU (along with your family), but don\'t rush into things that you don\'t feel you are quite ready for.

Comment

Jonny join up mate,it was my biggest regret,my brother spent 24 years in the Royal Marines,he\'s just turned 48,does\'nt really have to work any more, excellent money and pension,had a great life,seen the world and more.
                    Dont live to regret it
                    Cheers Alan...

Comment

Hi jonny,my biggest regret in life was not joining the RAF.I joined the TA at 32 cos I wanted to see what I had missed,and it was 16 yrs of ****ing great fun.Do i mate you won\'t regret it.

Comment

Johnny you could see if you can have the best of both worlds, see if the RAF will pay you a bursary while you are college/university. My son got his degree in aeronauticl engineering this way then saw a bit of the world with the RAF and learned to fly. This way though you are committing yourself to the RAF.
                        Alan

Comment

I got married early (21) wished a big part of my life away thinking what i could have done, would not change a thing now as I still have the woman I love.
                          There was a big reason at the time that I could not join the forces, wouldn\'t want to go into that now though. I would say that Tony is right Jonny, if you want to do it at a later date and you have the qualifications there will not be a problem mate.

Jim.
                          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

am not really enjoying college that much either, not really what i intended to do. Going up to the RAF office tomorrow and have a chat.
                            Tight Lines,
                            jonny mc

Comment

Good for you Jonny.

Clare

yes it is her.

Comment

Working...
                              X