Chimneys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimneys....

Got some video footage of them coming down, and a few still photo\'s.... opted to go behind Baites Staithes on the hill, thinking there wouldn\'t be many people there.... WRONG!! lol.. All the roads were heaving.. this was the crowd...

Now you see the chimneys...

Now you don\'t!

Dust settles on the new skyline...

Didn\'t get any snaps of the chimneys coming down, too busy with the video camera.. last one to drop was excellent though, kinda froze for a few seconds then fell in the wrong direction! heh...

tried to see em from the top of the fell, but it was a bit too misty. Looked canny on the telly tho
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

aye, the video i got of them actually falling is canny, shame I couldn\'t work the video and the still camera at the same time woulda been nice to catch them as they dropped.. ohh well, i\'ll wait till they do it again next year... DOH! lol...

Comment

watched it from the quay side behind The Steamboat,very impressive and a massive turnout to watch it.I\'ve got mixed feelings about it,it was a massive eyesore but it has always been a landmark for me.
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Do you have the technology to turn your video into an mpeg or avi file?
          I would love to see it.
          Michael K

Give a man a fire, and keep him warm for a day.
          Set a man on fire, and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

i used to do maintenance work at the power station years ago
            i took a photo of one of the chimneys from the roof top
            its a great photo

sless

Comment

MK, nah mate i\'ve no fancy kit... borrowed my dad\'s camcorder to record the event... dunno if it\'ll work, but i might be able to rig up my webcam and point it at the telly, i\'ll have a try at the weekend...

Comment

Thanks for trying.

Sadly, not a digital camcorder.
                And a technical bod like you without a video capture card on his PC.

cheers Michael
                Michael K

Give a man a fire, and keep him warm for a day.
                Set a man on fire, and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

heh, i\'ve not upgraded my PC in best part of two years... really falling behind the times....

i\'ll see what i can do with the webcam though, with any luck it\'ll come out watchable...

Comment

i watch it from the other side Lee but had the sun in the eyes so spoiled it m8 dont suppose you could run me a copy off m8 :P
                    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X