we will remember them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we will remember them

just to say that i appreciate what my grandad and all the other men and women who fought for their country did for us .
    and at this time of year
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

same goes fo me. there was about 250 turned out in morpeth today for armistice.

cheers
    mark

Comment

Same here. We should NEVER forget.
      Davy

Comment

NEVER. I think as a nation we proved that today by the respect shown during those short 2 minutes.
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Theres a lad who works for me. 23 years old he is, didn\'t have a clue what the 2 minutes silence was for.

He\'s not the brightest button in the box, but it seems to me that, as the years go by, the world wars are getting forgotten. What makes it worse is that remembrance day isn\'t just about those that died in those wars, but every campaign in which brave lives were taken away.
          Davy

Comment

I work above a busy learning learning centre frequented by so called \"Ignorant Charvers\" The lad who was looking after the place had a wander round and a quiet word and no-one batted an eyelid, complete silence, I was most impressed. The whole place was chilled for quite a while. Then the knives came out again obviously.
            "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
            Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

1800+ kids stood in silence for 2 minutes in Cannock. Some didn\'t know why til afterwards but the silence was so atmospheric, especially with the wind.

Comment

the bairn had two min silence in school today she was in her history class so they told afterwards why they were doing it, she said it was very sad

cheers
                mark

Comment

I got kicked in the face (left eye) 2nite off a 8 year old who doesn\'t like me and lost me left contact lenses

Regards, Graham

Comment

Working...
                  X