Richard Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Burns

Sadly he lost his long battle with a Brain Tumor,excellent professional,a true fighter to the end,as with most motor racers he was a athlete and probably one of the fittest on the circuit during his career,sadly he could\'nt beat this.Hardly got a mention in the news which was in its self sad,he was a World Champion.
    Born: 17/1/1971, Reading
    Rallying debut: 1988
    World Championship 1998: First win at Safari Rally, also wins Rally of Great Britain
    World Championship 2001: Wins world title for Subaru, 1st Englishman to do so
    Cheers Alan...

yes he was a true champion
    won it 4 years ago to the day

sless

Comment

Unfortunately, alan, not much of story in someone who was a world champion, a solid citizen and a shining example for todays youngsters to follow. i would have put his picture on the front of every paper
      Alan

Comment

Shocking, I had a vague idea he was ill but jeez. Tremendous talent, how those lads do what they do?
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Sadly Richard does\'nt sell Papers,other people do or did,disgusting
          Cheers Alan...

Comment

saw him and a few others in the RAC rallies when they used to come up the northeast way keilder etc, fantastic drivers with eceptional skill.
            he will be sadly missed RIP. in my view, beats football hands down any day of the week, these lads really earn theire money

cheers
            mark

Comment

I agree i was annoyed with the swamp of George Best and he almost got missed.
              God speed.
              THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

Quite ironic a Drunk Driver gets more publicity than a World Champion Driver,he got one paragraph in the Sunday Mail
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

Got to be honest Alan I have never been a fan of rallying so had never even heard of him mate.

Jim.
                  Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Never realised he had such a problem.

Used to watch the rallying but started to lose interest after it became the Welsh Rally.

Terrible loss to the sport.
                    As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Comment

Working...
                    X