fuming in asda tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuming in asda tonight.

took my son (almost 19 years old) and his mate (21 years old but looks about 25) to asda to get some larger they have on special offer at the moment. i sat in the car while they went in for the cans. they came back out 10 minutes later saying asda refused to serve them believing them to be too young, as i said earlier his mate is 21 but looks older and my son looks all of 18.
    i said no bother i\'ll go in and get them, when i went in and got the cans i was descended upon by 3 staff telling me to put them back as they could not serve me believing the drink was for minors. i explained their ages but to no avail, i demanded to see a manager and explained the situation all over again. she said they would be breaking the law if they sold the drink to myself. i told her the drink was for consumption in my own home and as such their age was irrelevant, still no joy. i told her we as a family spend over £100 per week there and if they refused to serve me they would loose my custom (around £5000 - £6000 per year) i was then told to leave the premises which i did, they\'ve just lost a good customer.
    i understand the difficulties in assessing ages but it is obvious to anyone these lads were \"of age\" but then to refuse to serve me in the manner in which they did beggars belief. a letter to their head office will be in the post tomorrow.

Understandably annoying, Micky
    Be interesting to hear the outcome of your letter.

Similar sort of thing.......but on a lighter note........

Last year, my wife was shopping at ASDA in shields and amongst the stuff she had in the trolley was a bottle of Baileys. When she got to the check-out the young lass behind the till asked if my wife was over 18

Needless to say wor lass was on cloud 9 for the next fortnight....lol

Next time I was in ASDA with her, she pointed out the girl who had queried her age...........she looked about 15 .......lol

Comment

get your self to morrisons
      debra tells me its great

sless

Comment

Micky you will get a HUGE apoligy and £50 in vouchers ,which comes in the means of a swipe card - i personally wouldnt let two arsewipes change my shopping mode - annoying yes , but hey at least your £50 sovs better off.

Comment

Be honest Sless ,we both know you love Morrisons really don\'t we
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

i bet you love pushing that trolley around sless he he he
            The beautifull South

Comment

Got to say Micky, I can usually stay calm and talk things through in most cases but I think I would have gone mental with them for that. As Bri says you will probably get a huge apology. Then is the time to enjoy when you go back in. Make sure you take that apology with you and shove it straight u

nder there noses mate, ENJOY.

Jim.
              Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

from debra
                i dont realy think he knows what a trolley looks like,because he spends all his time on this computer and hasnt got time to go shopping!!!

sless

Comment

Got to agree with Bri and Jim,why change your shop,you\'ve got nowt to be ashamed of.
                  When my wife had our second child she was looking for a small queue in Asda to get out as soon as possible as my daughter was only a few weeks old,every queue was a mile long so she went to the checkout for Disabled people or wide loads,nobody was there,she plonked her things down and sent it down the conveyor,the lass that served her said I\'m sorry you\'ll have to use another checkout this is for Disabled and wide loads,after laughing at her she realised she was deadly serious,she told her where to stick those items and walked out.Little did she know our friend is a manager at Asda,she phoned him to ask what the crack is and he was furious.She got a £50 voucher,her shopping for free,well she guessed what was on the conveyor :P and a bunch of flowers within a hour of her complaining,delivered to the door by the manager (not our friend) we never seen this lass again but we always checked to see if she was there to gloat.
                  Micky how did they know you were with your son and his mate,had they followed them out of the shop ?
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

your son would not be able to buy it Micky as the age in asda now is 21 and over

but his m8 should have been ok

as sless says use morrisons thats where i shop and find the products much better

Comment

deff Morrisons , m8 , their attitude is a lot better than asda
                      dam.missed again

Comment

i say lidl\'s , 20 bottles of stella for 8quid & tins of beans 14p or sumit.
                        what more does a man need?

Comment

Once a fat spotty kid refused to serve me drink in Morrisons (Tynemouth) cos I was too drunk (not) so I went to the next checkout and had no problems. Then I went to the fag counter and restaurant and kept the receipts for proof. I wrote to Mr Morrison and FSK got sacked but I didn\'t get any vouchers. Normally I wouldn\'t mind and understand that anyone can have a bad day but FSK had a crap attitude
                          Regards, Graham

Comment

ASDA - has a brill offer on at the Moment 2 x 1ltr Smirnoff for £20

Only allowed 8 bottles per transaction and its Smurnoff (red label) Ends Tuesday

the other Spirits or on offer as well

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by BriH]

Comment

i thought you would be well off that stuff for a while

sless

Comment

Working...
                              X