No announcement yet.

Help with research please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time management and efficiency ...DON\'T GO THERE .
    Been rammed down my throat for the last 16 years ,now I\'m calculating (in seconds ) what idle time an operative has during his alloted tasks and counting footsteps which have their own time allotment ....just seems too bloody robotic.
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Totally agree, Steve.....\"robotic\" and a total waste of time in itself.

All the \"time management\" we do is purely to \"tick the boxes\" so that when we have a Govt inspection, the management can say \"yes, we\'ve done that\".
      Similar to this \"Investors In People\" farce.......what a pile of crap that is.......again it\'s just so they can say \"yes, we\'ve done that\".........it means absolutely NOTHING to the staff

Comment

I have a mate that works at the same place as you Steve. He is going to be a very ill man soon. Far too many stupid ideas coming from far too many stupid people that have far too much time on their hands mate.
        He travels all over the world trying to sort out problems that either can not be sorted while he is there or getting there to find out that the neccessary info has not been given leading to lots of

Jim.
        Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Aha sounds very familiar Jim ,bang my head against a wall at least five times a day,but just because I like it.
          TC another moot point there ,dots on the board or ticks in boxes which do f**k all for the person who is being treat as a number .
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Charlie you might find the info you need on the CIPD (chartered institute of personnel and development) website on www.cipd.co.uk. They have allsorts of stats on stuff like that. I work in HR and I am currently off with work related stress ( out of abut 40 people who work in there we are now in double figures as to numbers of staff off with work related stress). Time management is one thing but there is only so many plates that you can spin at one time! Great place to work and who checks up on HR............obviously nobody I hate owning up to be part of them but I take pride in the fact that I am being harrassed by management because I havent sold my soul to the devil.

Send me a pm if you need a login to acccess the info you need I can get onto that site for you if need be.

Good luck
            UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

if you work an avarage week say 8 till 4 .less breaks and calculated from 16-65 you spend 89180 hours at work not including holidays

not sure if this applies to leyland or not

you spend approx 203840 hours in your life asleep

if you have a ave lifespan of say 80 you can deduct 8 hours or so for sexual activity more if your a single bloke

deduct a few more hours for working out crap like this

the rest is took up with TV eating/drinking and fishing
              cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Working...
              X