Sco v Fiji, Eng v NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sco v Fiji, Eng v NZ

After the Scots poor show in Wales, I was relieved to see the exiles back in the team to take on the enigmatic Fijians. Scotland looked good early on but then an overthrown lineout and a world class try, left them trailing. They soon regained command and played the kind of champagne rugby that Townsend demands. They are an absolute pleasure to watch.

Down at Twickenham England took on the New Zealanders - the best team at playing champagne rugby. England played great for 30 minutes with the conditions not suiting the All Blacks style of play. However they adapted and by halftime were back in the match. Second half they out bored England, took their penalties and won the game. England, as Alan said, did not take the points.

England will perhaps get further in the World Cup than Scotland, although they won't win it, as fast, expansive rugby will be the name of the game in Japan.

However I know which team I would rather watch.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Great win and exciting match to watch, you have to enjoy the way the Fijians play fast running game that is why they are so good at sevens, if they get their scrummaging, rucking and mawling going they would be a good team. Amazing how New Zealang can think collectively on their feet and change tactics.
    Alan

Comment

To be fair, untill Fiji went down to 13 men they were well in the game. Ill discipline cost them. There basic rucking, scrum and maul skills arent great meaning any tier 1 nation who have a half decent defence should put them away.... An expected win for Scotland so no great suprise Mark. I don't think from what I saw Scotland did anything other Than beat what was in front of them.

Bigger tests of the scots await where you will see what they have in the tank.

One things for sure, townsends brand of rugga is more pleasing on the eye than Jones' !!
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Indeed Marc and that test will come on Saturday against the Springboks. Fiji rugby powers don't seem willing(or able) to finance the 15 a side team properly. Last Friday/Saturday most of the team were playing for their clubs - even Mata at Edinburgh - while Scotland prepared. If they had time to train and build on set piece plays, they would be a far better team. However 5 unanswered second half tries against the a full strength 15 Fiji is impressive in my book.
        Last edited by kayos; 11-11-2018, 12:01 PM.
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
        X