Scotland v Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland v Argentina

Well Gregor Townsend took the over the mantle of Tinkerman with his choice of team today to play Argentina. What did we learn? Not much, other than Hastings is not yet an option at 10 and Finn Russell is our first choice fly half.

Actually is was a bit of a snoozefest - in fact it was so boring at times I thought I was watching England!

However Scotland won ugly, which is a step forward, so all good for the World Cup.

PS England seem to be doing pretty well against the Aussies.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Originally posted by kayos View Post
    Well Gregor Townsend took the over the mantle of Tinkerman with his choice of team today to play Argentina. What did we learn? Not much, other than Hastings is not yet an option at 10 and Finn Russell is our first choice fly half.

Actually is was a bit of a snoozefest - in fact it was so boring at times I thought I was watching England!

However Scotland won ugly, which is a step forward, so all good for the World Cup.

PS England seem to be doing pretty well against the Aussies.
    Snooze fest of a game.... What a waste of Russell in the centres. Need to address that.

England were cracking against the Aussies though... Great game to watch and Australia played their part as well. What have we learned from the autumn internationals? England are back on form and apart from that absolutely nothing we didn't already know!
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Yup, England played well today Marc. Glad you got a bit of entertainment.

Comment

Yup, England played well today Marc. Glad you got a bit of entertainment.
        Townsend needs to stop tinkering and hope a few of those injured players are back and firing in 2019! Roll on the RWC!

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Lucky lucky luky Scotland if the argies had there kicking boots no way Scotland would have just won this JUST.
          won ugly. ......yer i bet it was.
          England on the other hand playing the one of the best in the world teams proved how good this team is.

Come on England !!!!!!!!!the best

Comment

was going to watch Scotland V Argentina tonight but changed my mind and watches it live, after the stirring Flower of Scotland I wish I had, Townsend wants his hands slapped for tinkering with an improving side, until the last fifteen minutes when the game stirred a bit, if Argies had kicked their penalties Scotland would have been sunk.
            But what a game the next one was Wales V South Africa, passion, skill, physicality great game.
            Only saw the highlights of the Engalnd game but as usual the Aussies don't have a scrum, but England scored some very good tries although they where individual efforts. But the defence proved lacking at times. Although we have two or three good wingers the centres are the problem, Manu might help, but Farrell is the bnest inside centre we have, but playing him there would meam Jones playing Ford, no chance of Cipriani getting a call, but the Ford Farrell partnership has proved time after time it dosn't work, so hopefully Engalnd can sort centres out before the six nations and become a force for the orld cup. Prediction for the six nations Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland, France, Italy
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
              was going to watch Scotland V Argentina tonight but changed my mind and watches it live, after the stirring Flower of Scotland I wish I had, Townsend wants his hands slapped for tinkering with an improving side, until the last fifteen minutes when the game stirred a bit, if Argies had kicked their penalties Scotland would have been sunk.
              But what a game the next one was Wales V South Africa, passion, skill, physicality great game.
              Only saw the highlights of the Engalnd game but as usual the Aussies don't have a scrum, but England scored some very good tries although they where individual efforts. But the defence proved lacking at times. Although we have two or three good wingers the centres are the problem, Manu might help, but Farrell is the bnest inside centre we have, but playing him there would meam Jones playing Ford, no chance of Cipriani getting a call, but the Ford Farrell partnership has proved time after time it dosn't work, so hopefully Engalnd can sort centres out before the six nations and become a force for the orld cup. Prediction for the six nations Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland, France, Italy
              Yes we dominated the scrum Alan but when watching the whole game I don't think we have any major centre issues at all. Teo was solid and slade creative outside of him, plus some of slades tackling and chase game in the first half was exceptional. Throw Manu into the mix who created havoc around him and i think it's starting to look fairly good! England's try's weren't really individual efforts as such but born out from relentless pressure from the forwards and the Aussies made mistakes. Australia's try's however were very much individual efforts. Folou is frightening!! I think Farrell at 10 gives us an edge and it's not a coincidence that they have won 3/4 this Autumn. They have to stick with him as ford doesn't offer anywhere near as much and for whatever the reason, Cipriani won't get picked. I'm fairly happy to be honest! Bigger issue is the lack of fullback really. Daley offers a great kicking and attacking threat but was woeful under the high ball again and can be targeted.

All looks well for The northern hemisphere teams at the World Cup!!
              Last edited by Juliogeordio; 25-11-2018, 06:59 AM.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Obviously highlights gave wrong impression, agree about Farrell and Daly but no room for Daly on wing so when we get a better full back think he might loose out on the first fifteen, agree Slade is coming on a treat, but Ford must go
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by harry barker View Post
                  Lucky lucky luky Scotland if the argies had there kicking boots no way Scotland would have just won this JUST.
                  won ugly. ......yer i bet it was.
                  England on the other hand playing the one of the best in the world teams proved how good this team is.

Come on England !!!!!!!!!the best
                  Since when did Australia become one of "the best teams in the world" Harry!?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                    Obviously highlights gave wrong impression, agree about Farrell and Daly but no room for Daly on wing so when we get a better full back think he might loose out on the first fifteen, agree Slade is coming on a treat, but Ford must go
                    I've not seen the highlights Alan but I did watch the game. We dominated for 65minutes and the Aussies were in it sporadically. Aussies almost just played on the counter attack and with their strike runners they did fairly well. I'm not sure any team in the world can shakle Israel Folou who is one of the best runners with the ball I've ever seen in the professional era.

What worries me is we will revert back to ford if Farrell gets injured. There is no depth at fly half. Another shoulder hit by Farrell which was much worse than the SA one as he didn't even bother using his arms this time! Ref was happy with it though

Nice to see Mark Wilson having another top game, he was great. Sinkler got MOM but Wilson pushed him really close.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Since when did Australia become one of "the best teams in the world" Harry!?
                      They are defo a top 10 team Mark

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thought the Aussiea where mediocre apart from the odd occassion when their runners got going but won,t win world cup if you can,t win any ball. Farrell is certainly pushing his luck should of been a penalth try to me and a yellow card seen lesser tackles given a yellow
                        Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X