Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to do on the beach ... anytime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to do on the beach ... anytime!

Go on a Skate & Ray eggcase hunt for the Shark Trust.

Why does the Shark Trust want you to record eggcases? In recent decades several species of skate and ray around the British coast have dramatically declined in numbers. The empty eggcases that wash up on to our beaches all year round are an easily accessible source of information on the whereabouts of skate and ray nursery grounds.

The identification of these critical areas will enable the Shark Trust to propose conservation measures, in order to reverse the decline of these charismatic animals.

So now’s your chance to contribute to skate and ray conservation, and take part in Britain’s first ever eggcase hunt

If you want more info (and no one did it in the North East last year!) and fancy an hour or so beach combing go to their site www.sharktrust.org/eggcase for info.

I am organising a couple up here, lets see if we can help them out
    Paula
    www.tugmistress.co.uk
    webcam, weather station and interesting cr*p

replying to my own post, whatever next?! lol
    anyway, just to let you guys know, we went for a walk the other day as a local ranger contacted me saying he had found egg cases on one of our local beaches up here so we met up. we picked up 17 Common Skate egg cases.
    If you find any on your fishing trips or just fancy a walk along the beach with the dog and you have a digi camera then just take apiccy and send it to me, i would be interested on a personal level as to what is around there

BTW these egg cases are the first reported UK mainland find of this species

piccies in my gallery here http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.p...egory&catid=36
    Paula
    www.tugmistress.co.uk
    webcam, weather station and interesting cr*p

Comment

will have a look when I\'m out and about Paula nee probs....cheers

Comment

Working...
      X