Shattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered

There is a new programme started on channel 4 at 10pm called shattered, Its a bit like Big Brother but in this contestants have to go without sleep for up to a week.

I\'m sure I seen TC on the opening credits.

Staying awake contests where popular in the USA during the depression of 1930s - a way for contestants to make some money. Sleep depravation (i.e. many days without sleep) is very dangerous and can lead to death (heart failure ?) and a few contestants died in the US competitions.

How low will the program producers stoop to deliver voyeur TV to the public? Since British TV is amongst the most soporific available, I shall probably be asleep when it\'s on.
    aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

I hope they were all intensively screened psychologically. Dealing with dangerous stuff. As little as 72 hours without sleep can induce a permanent psychotic state in some individuals, and can leave permanent psychological damge in many more. I bet the preoduction company got all the contestants to sign some pretty major \"Don\'t sue us if you go nuts\" clauses.

It\'ll be interesting to see hoe long they last. I can see any of them lasting the week unless they\'ve manage to smuggle in a healthy amount of methadrine
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

\".......permanent psychotic state in some individuals, and can leave permanent psychological damge in many more. \"

So THAT\'S how I got to be this way, then!!!

Comment

So much can be explained when your not looking lol.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

they\'ve copped out! 3 days in and as they start hallicinating en masse the psychologists advised they be allowed to go to sleep, and then be allowed a couple of hours kip a day. Booo! was waiting for them to turn into raving psychotics and eat the furniture

Thought for the day:
            Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

I\'m sitting on beer crates, me !

Comment

aye and right tasty them crates were too,still hungry though ,fancy mysen a carpet burger !!! lol

Comment

aye and right tasty them crates were too,still hungry though ,fancy mysen a carpet burger !!! lol
                  I suppose muching on a carpet burger is vaguely related being a fish(ing) site!

Thought for the day:

Comment

In a more scientific vein (or as scientific as late evening allows) when I came up to see my mam at xmas I thought nothing of:
                    leaving Cannock at 9.00 at night
                    Driving 200 miles, walking S. Shields pier at 1.00 am then walking Tynemouth, Whitley Bay & Seaton Sluice beaches looking for marks
                    Having a welcome breakfast in Whitley Bay at 7.00 (must recommend the place at the back of the Spanish City)
                    Seeing my mam, digging bait and fishing low water at 2.00 in the afternoon (when I met Ant)
                    Sitting with my mam all evening watching from Home & Away to the Bill
                    Going fishing at midnight until 5.00 in the morning - hence picture in Journal and then going beachcombing afterwards.
                    I finally went to sleep at 11.00 on the night before new years eve and then drove back to Cannock at 8.00 the next morning

Reason - I was doing what I wanted to do. Give me a rod or a trowel and I\'ll win that money hands down

Comment

Working...
                    X