remind me what a democracy is will you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remind me what a democracy is will you

Perhaps I\'ve got the wrong of the stick here, but come polling day if I employ loads of people to threaten, coerce and brow-beat individuals to vote my way, thats ok isn\'t it??

Thing is I\'m a bit confused cos meester Bleurgh seems to think that is what constitutes a democracy. Get the whips to threaten all the members that their life will be hell if they vote against me in the top up fees debacle. Very democratic el presidenté.

The latest wheez is that if you are a NO voter your expenses accounts have been frozen, so if you are abroad on business, the government won\'t pay you to come home to vote. On the other hand if you Vote yes its business class all the way.

What the fu ck has happened to this country. I used to be proud to be british, and now I\'m just a prole in some corrupt junta led dictat.

Will somebody please shoot the *******
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Oh Yes Mark you have my wee wee brought back to the boil m8, (it\'s always simmering under normal circumstances) I\'ve been listening to these work shy fops talking utter ****e for the last couple of days.
    Blair man on Newsnight. \"If you vote against this bill you are voting with the Tories\"
    NO you freak, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST THIS BILL YOU ARE VOTING AGAINST THE BILL. Oh aye the other soundbite that nipped my lug was from the MP for Ludworth or Wingate or some other blackhole ( ) \"I\'ve been Invited out for dinner by 3 different cabinet ministers tonight, guffaw, guffaw\" and are you still intending to oppose the bill as you have so often stated.
    \"Well in the light of current developments, I would never say never to anything\" At this stage the interviewer should have took off her mohair gloves and clocked the **** right in the dial.

Sssheeeshhh man

Comment

What\'s democratic about a system that allows a political party who polled less than 31% of the electorate\'s vote to rule the country ?

My \"P155\" went through boiling point a long time ago and is now at super heated steam temperatures.
      aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

Well said Chris Hughes could not agree more. Have just come up with an idea though. What about Ell for Prime Minister, Mark could do some insignificant job like say eerrrmmmmm Chancelor of the Exchequer. If at the end of their terms they were not happy, what about the two of them doing a swap. I suppose there is nothing to stop that going ahead. lmao. Unless anyone can think of something better.
        Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

been said many a time willy my friend, first appointment would be Mr.T. Cutter as minister of justice. Sless, Cheif of Internal security, Rich, chancellor of the exchequer (Tighten yer belts) Gordon Fisheries minister of course, Ant cheif of \"you\'ve got us into this mess, please get us out\" Harold \"General advisor and string puller\" The boat lads should get togged up and the last one standing after a few hours on a NE beach blowing a proper wind , should get nowt we do it all the time! God I hate youi yachties!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sober edit here (bit harsh on the boat lads there, many apologies)

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by Ell]

Comment

Lol. Ell!
            "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

I don\'t want that much reponsibility in your cabinet Ell!

What about me being tea boy and chief spliff roller?
              Ant ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>
              ·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º> .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>

Comment

ell would folk be happy when i tell them to put there fish back ?

gogs.

Comment

So the government have won the House of Commons vote on top fees by 5 votes. I wonder how many of those who voted with the government are Scottish MPs. The clever Scots have of course taken steps to control the financing of education through their own parliament. Now that we have devolved parliaments for Scotland and Wales (with different levels of authority), is it not time that their Westminster MPs are only allowed to vote for acts that will only affect the whole of Britain.
                  aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

Oh what a glorious week for the democratic process, tuition fees, hutton etc.

I have to take my hat off to the govrnment press department, Lets Kick **** out of the BBC and hope nobody notices the the fact that David Kelly\'s children no longer have a father, countless Iraqi children no longer have parents, countless servicemens families have been ripped to shreds etc etc etc

At the end of the day, regardless of what you think about the BBC\'s reporting of David Kelly\'s comments, there are no weapons of mass destruction. The blood of thousands of human beings is on the the hands of this government because somewher along the line, somebody told lies.

But hey look on the bright side tony managed to kick up enough of a fuss to get an apology, can\'t have him upset by a news report can we.

How many more people have to be killed??

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

Why not back date this bill so that all the MP\'s who are in favour of it and got educated for nothing have to cough up £30,000 each,bet they wouldn\'t be as keen AS for democracy HER. Blair and his \"continental brothers\" are about to stuff it where the monkey stuffed it\'s nuts fishy1

Comment

OK OK but someone must have voted for labour .............

ye reap what ye sow ............
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

OK OK but someone must have voted for labour .............

ye reap what ye sow ............
                          wise words indeed!

but I think theres a new law due soon, failure to vote labour will be punishable by removal of freedom of speech and dramatic increase in taxes, no hang on a minute maybe thats the other way around

Thought for the day:

Comment

I must admit I like the Ginger Whinger.When HE speaks NOBODY listens :P

Comment

Working...
                            X