Cod tom yum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cod tom yum

hey folks , those who like their food a little bit spicy might enjoy this, basically a thai/malaysian dish with cod as the main ingredient. theres plenty of recipes online and you can also just buy tom yum paste or tom yum cubes like i did . heres a recipe from john torode on the bbc site

BBC - Food - Recipes : Tom yum soup with lime and white fish

heres how i did it tho,

1.as much cod as u like i used 2lbs
    2. veg of choice : i used tomato, brocolli, and 2 chillis and aubergine (sliced)
    3. 2 tom yum cubes (find it in tescos in the world food aisles)
    4. 1 and half pints of water
    5. 1 tbsp coconut powder or 3 drops coconut essence (optional)
    6, scallops / prawns/mussel/squid/ crab(optional)

boil the water, add cubes ,add veg add fish and optionals. simmer for fifteen minutes and serve, with rice of your choice, i recommend a coconut and ginger rice and side of papaddoms..

u can use whiting too but the flesh will flake like £$%" so i recommend cod for the firmer flesh . hope those who try it enjoy it as mush as i did
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

This sounds right up my street. I love Tom Yum but had no idea you get get cubes to make your own base. I definitely need to try this, thanks for posting the recipe

Comment

Working...
    X