Swordfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swordfish

Saw some Swordfish in the fish shop at the weekend and decided to try it. The two fillets came in at just over half a kilo and was just £6.05. A bargain I thought.

Wasn't really sure what to cook with them and eventually decided to do a str fry.

For the stir fry - Obviously you can choose anything you like - I chose butter, mushrooms, garlic, peppers, grated carrot, shreded cabbage, beansprouts, balsamic sauce and water chestnuts.

Fry the mushrooms, garlic and peppers in some butter for about 10 minutes then add the veg, or a pre packed stir fry mix from the supermarket! Cook for another 3 mins then fold in some balsamic sauce for a minute or so and that is it!

Take the swordfish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt, cracked black pepper and chilli flakes. Either grill for 3 minutes a side, or same in a griddle pan.

They were lovely, similar in look to Tuna but a different taste altogether and not dry like Tuna can be at all.
    Last edited by kayos; 26-08-2014, 10:22 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

I had it a number of times when I've been abroad, especially Greek islands.
    I personally like it done as kebabs on the BBQ, with onions peppers and toms.

Comment

Originally posted by BillQuay View Post
      I had it a number of times when I've been abroad, especially Greek islands.
      I personally like it done as kebabs on the BBQ, with onions peppers and toms.
      That sounds lush!

Comment

Working...
      X