Pollock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollock

Whats the best way to cook Pollock, with it been white flesh do you treat it the same way as cod.

Hi Stevie,

I'm no expert cook mind so hopefully you will get a better suggestion but yes thats the way I do pollock exactly the same as my cod

Did these up at the Mull in June/July and they were lovely - no fancy cooking techniques required.

(sorry if the picture is not working, my work computer does not like NESA)
    Last edited by LiamNE; 04-09-2014, 08:58 AM.
    Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
    CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Exactly the same Steve. Deep fry it in batter, fry it in breadcrumbs, even roast it. We love it, really nice fish.
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

A put a fillet in a tinfoil parcel with a bit butter tastes lovely

Comment

Treat it as Cod Steve. You wont know the difference m8.

Comment

It was a 9and a half lb fish, so the fillets are massive, going to try one fillet in breadcrumb as Mark suggested, and the other in foil with butter and whatever she puts in with it, as Peter suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie-r-@hotmail.co.uk View Post
              It was a 9and a half lb fish, so the fillets are massive, going to try one fillet in breadcrumb as Mark suggested, and the other in foil with butter and whatever she puts in with it, as Peter suggested.
              Impressed

From shore? - amazed!

Either way lovely fish Stevie

Comment

From a boat, North Star.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                  From a boat, North Star.
                  Spot on Mark, only I didn't pull it in, baited up and dropped down, gave Norman my rod while I went to loo, came back and the bloody rods bent double, typical for me.

Comment

Spot on Mark, only I didn't pull it in, baited up and dropped down, gave Norman my rod while I went to loo, came back and the bloody rods bent double, typical for me.
                    Haha, dear oh dear Steve!

Comment

Ive seen that happen to you a few times Stevie! Was that the Wednessday trip I was supposed to go out on

Comment

Yes Liam it was Wednesday, wasn't a bad day, plenty fish pulled in but a lot
                        undersized so went back, as per usual I lost a couple decent ones on the way up, but did manage to get my first haddock of about 3lb, when you next out.

Comment

Yes Liam it was Wednesday, wasn't a bad day, plenty fish pulled in but a lot
                          undersized so went back, as per usual I lost a couple decent ones on the way up, but did manage to get my first haddock of about 3lb, when you next out.
                          Yea I was asking Jim for a few weeks to get a trip going that day as our Nat wanted to come out on his day off (plus birthday). Long story short I went out on Famous the day before with Chris and when Jim let me know on the Tuesday I had already made work commitments
                          Sounds like you had a good day though a haddock and a massive pollock id be over the moon.

I lost a nice fish on the famous - red muppets snapped the trace bottom muppet not even at the knot! How sh!te is that talk about equipment letting you down never expected that to happen

I havnt got any booked in with Jim but as always if theres any mid week trips going I can usually get the day off work and always willing to go. Might even get a last minute trip this weekend if theres any space and our lass is ok with it

Comment

Try removing skin and pin bones..season with salt,pepper and zest of lemon. Wrap in parma ham, drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven until crispy

Serve with owt you like as a side...mushroom risotto works canny
                            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                            I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                            X