batter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batter

has anyone got any tips for making batter, ive been making beer batter using recipes from google which has been turning out ok but one problem i am having is my batter isn't crispy, not like the chip shop batter, it sort of resembles the batter you get on frozen fish. im drying the fish before cooking and coating it with flour before dipping in the batter and the oil is really hot. any ideas where im going wrong?

but.

Originally posted by tonynufc View Post
    has anyone got any tips for making batter, ive been making beer batter using recipes from google which has been turning out ok but one problem i am having is my batter isn't crispy, not like the chip shop batter, it sort of resembles the batter you get on frozen fish. im drying the fish before cooking and coating it with flour before dipping in the batter and the oil is really hot. any ideas where im going wrong?
    .seems like your doing it {all to the book}.DAFT,reply though.are you useing PLAIN flour.?.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
      .seems like your doing it {all to the book}.DAFT,reply though.are you useing PLAIN flour.?.

yeah im using plain flour, ive been looking at some older similar posts on here and cornflour seems to do the trick so i'll try that next

Comment

batter

Put more beer in make it thinner. Dry fish but do not coat with flour.
        Always works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynufc View Post
          yeah im using plain flour, ive been looking at some older similar posts on here and cornflour seems to do the trick so i'll try that next
          .GOOD LUCK.god loves a trier.lol.ps,i ive also heard courflour has got good results,some were.looking forward to some nice CRISPY fish photos.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BillQuay View Post
            Always works for me.
            .interesting reply bill.all tony has to do now is catch some fish to try your method.LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BillQuay View Post
              Always works for me.
              ok cheers i'll try that

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
                .interesting reply bill.all tony has to do now is catch some fish to try your method.LOL.
                catching the fish may be a problem haha

Comment

batter

try rice flour from the chinese supermarkets'do not mix it with water just coat the fish with it and you get nice thin crispy batter

Comment

Bero recipe in this thread:

Always works for me, well it did until I decied it was easier to bin the fryer than clean it.

Just make sure the oil is hot before you drop the battered fish in.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

My mums recipe includes a dash of vinegar...Always works for me
                      "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                        Bero recipe in this thread:

Always works for me, well it did until I decied it was easier to bin the fryer than clean it.

Just make sure the oil is hot before you drop the battered fish in.
                        cheers for that keith, i'll give that a go tomorrow, might even post some pics if it turns out ok

Comment

almost there, used that recipe and it was much more crispy though the batter was quite thin, possibly done my mix to watery

Comment

Looks spot on that mate few mushy peas to go with it mmmmmm

Comment

half self raising flour half cornflour, make quite runny with very cold water and make sure oil is hot
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X