Plaice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaice

Anyone tell me the best way to cook plaice. I just pan fry but there's got to be better ways

wrapped in foil in the oven with a couple of slices of fresh lemon in the mix
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Originally posted by kopite2k06 View Post
      wrapped in foil in the oven with a couple of slices of fresh lemon in the mix
      Sounds canny like mate but I just thought there may be a more chefie method if you know what a mean like

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
        Anyone tell me the best way to cook plaice. I just pan fry but there's got to be better ways
        my fav way for any fish is dipped in season flour lightly fried and lefto rest with small knob of butter on to melt its booooootiful
        but any way u want but do not over cook it. and it should fine

Comment

cajun powder . sprinkle cumin butter in foil.....yummy
          Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
          Kompressor SS /slosh30
          tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Don't know about chefy but how about this.

In a pan, warm about 8 oz butter, juice of half a lemon.

Season fillets of Plaice with sea salt and black pepper, roll up fish and skewer. Add to pan to very lightly brown. Then transfer all contents of pan to an oven dish, add 4 teaspoons of double cream, uncooked prawns and mussels, loosely cover with tin foil and bake for 20 mins in a pre- heated oven.

Serve with boiled potatoes and green beans.
            Last edited by kayos; 21-06-2012, 05:00 PM.
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
              Don't know about chefy but how about this.

In a pan, warm about 8 oz butter, juice of half a lemon.

Season fillets of Plaice with sea salt and black pepper, roll up fish and skewer. Add to pan to very lightly brown. Then transfer all contents of pan to an oven dish, add 4 teaspoons of double cream, uncooked prawns and mussels, loosely cover with tin foil and bake for 20 mins in a pre- heated oven.

Serve with boiled potatoes and green beans.
              Sounds good mate, just need a plaice now

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                Sounds good mate, just need a plaice now
                Haha, indeed! Flounder works too.
                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                X