Monkfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkfish

Take Monkfish fillets and season with sea salt, cracked black pepper and paprika. Make a parcel with tin foil and place in pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins.

Quarter 2 tomatoes, half 6 mushrooms, take 1 chorizo sausage and cut into chunks.

Heat knob of butter in frying pan and cook the mushrooms, tomatoes and chorizo. When cooked, add double cream and simmer.

Take Monkfish out of the oven, pour fish juice into frying pan, stir into mix.

Plate up fish and pour sauce over dish.
    Last edited by kayos; 25-09-2012, 08:51 AM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

I have had this very meal at a restaurant & it was the best fish meal I have ever had. The monkfish was a fantastic meaty fish to eat.
    I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Comment

very tasty monkfish is my favorite fish hands down ironic really that
      one of the most ugliest fish in the sea could taste so good!!
      will definatley try this recipe! nice one kayos

Comment

Made it on Friday, worked really well.

I thought I had made the recipe up, but obviously not, if Brian had it in a restaurant!

Ha, must have been in the annuls of my mind from years ago
        Last edited by kayos; 25-09-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
          Made it on Friday, worked really well.

I thought I had made the recipe up, but obviously not, if Brian had in a restaurant!

Ha, must have been in the annuls of my mind from years ago
          PS Yup Russell, commercial fishermen used to throw Monkfish away because it was so ugly, now it is a delicacy!

Comment

PS Yup Russell, commercial fishermen used to throw Monkfish away because it was so ugly, now it is a delicacy!
            And expensive kayos but very tastey piece of fish with no bones,have you tried catfish its spot on aswell very meaty

Comment

my mouth is watering m8 have you any photo,s
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON
              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
                And expensive kayos but very tastey piece of fish with no bones,have you tried catfish its spot on aswell very meaty
                It was reduced at Morrisons Never seen carfish for sale, will look out for it now though.

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                  my mouth is watering m8 have you any photo,s
                  Haha, no pics sorry. Works with cod loin or chicken too, if you can't get monkfish.

Comment

best fish to eat for me lol lovely wish i could catch it wouldnt bother with cod then lol

Comment

It was reduced at Morrisons Never seen carfish for sale, will look out for it now though.

A few years back you'd see catfish fillets for sale at 70p per lb, then somebody had the bright idea of renaming in 'rock turbot' in the shops. At the same time they put the price up to nearly 2 quid.

People would buy rock turbot who wouldn't buy catfish.

I don't know what the situation with it is these days, a trip to Shields might provide the answer.

Lovely eating. Skin it first, then either fry the fillets in batter or cut it into chunks and fry them in batter as bites.

Comment

an excellent straightforward recipe mark
                        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

best way to cook monk, is on a barbeque or skillet with a little garam masala and tandoori powder on it.
                          The best meaty fish going.

Comment

Vindaloo monkfish, that gets the job done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by volante View Post
                              Vindaloo monkfish, that gets the job done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Sound's like ring twitter volante

Comment

Working...
                              X