• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ling Ballons Thai Style

Ling Ballons Thai Style

Ingredients:
    2 x stale crusty white buns
    1 large fillet of Ling (must be a season old ) skinned, pin boned and cut into chunks
    tsp salt
    tsp black cracked pepper
    tsp chilli flakes
    Handful fresh coriander
    Drizzle of Olive oil

Take buns and tear into chunks - wazz through a food processor until bread crumby. Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes, Ling, coriander and olive oil and wazz again until a doughy fish ball mix is formed.

Form into ballons and put to one side

Thai Curry ingredients:
    Yellow Thai curry paste (only known supplier is Tesco that I'm aware of)
    Onion
    Fresh Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Cracked pepper
    Salt
    Coconut milk/cream

Slice (not chop) onion and fry in olive oil for 5 or so mins in a wok or large non stick fry pan. Add sliced mushrooms to the pan and fry them over high heat until mushys take on a golden tinge.

Add a liberal splodge of curry paste to suit (I use half a jar) and fry off for a couple more mins. Add a generous couple of hanfuls of fresh spinach and wilt down. Over high heat again reduce off some of the liquid that will come out of the spinach.

Add coconut milk and bring back to simmer - add the doughballs and cook everything for 15 or so minutes (may require longer as the inherent liquid in some of the ingredients may need to be reduced off leaving only the coconut milkiness)

Serve with rice or even on own
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Sounds very nice Tony would it go well with a few cold beers.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

a think yr just showing off with all these last season fish my freezer was empty before the season finished

Comment

It was canny - took a punt and posted the above before actually trying it out

That fish balls might actually work better as a fish cake

The Thai curry recipe is faultless tho
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

Aye Tony, I'm guessing the breadcrumbs will have absorbed a canny bit of liquid & swollen up bursting your balls - I'd lose them altogether, substitute a little chopped veg like finely chopped leek & add an egg and a couple of spoons of flour to the mix to bind it together. I wouldn't use a whizzer either, just mash it all in a bowl with a fork, but that's probably just me being lazy with the washing up! It'd have a better texture too.

Gary
          ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
          on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Working...
          X