Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogfish bites

Hello boys
    I caught my first dogfish from Whithorn and got told it was a nice fish to eat anyway to cut a story short kept 2 to try and can say it was absolutely beautiful skinned them and gave them a good wash then the Missus to be,...filleted the soft spine out then deep fried in crispy batter a few chips and vinegar a lovely bank holiday dinnerClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369658723.471508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1529646
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

yummy mate i like em too
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Comment

nice 1 toonboy tryed it twice first time it was rotten tasted bitter then a was told to remove spine which a thought was a wind up but suprisingly it tasted alot better

Comment

food for thought live and survive off the sea if ya have too dogfish ya wudnt starve
        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Caught plenty doggies over the west coast & had wondered how/if you could eat them.
          After reading this I think I'll be bringing a couple home on the next trip

Cheers,
          Sandscorcher

Comment

Sweet william

you will see the above in wet fish shops it is dog fish
            KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Never ate a doggie before but they look canny nice fillets toonboy

Comment

Originally posted by broon shoe View Post
                Never ate a doggie before but they look canny nice fillets toonboy
                Looked and tasted nice if you look on you tube it shows the best way to skin I found putting in a bowl of boiling water then scrubbing it and the skin dropped off but give a good wash to get rid of the ammonia smell cut in chunks was like a lovely better than scampi matey
                KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                OKUMA TRIO 55
                YUKI RUBYMAR
                RON THOMPSON TYRON
                SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Ill be trying it when i catch one. Seem to be very few people who actually want to catch them

Comment

I like them too i caught some canny ones at whithorn and also took some home, i don't mind catching them especially when they turn up on our beaches
                    species 2013
                    Dab 2nd jan Horden
                    codling 20th jan walkway
                    whiting 15th feb heugh
                    coalie 23th feb walkway
                    shore rockling 5th march horden

Comment

Originally posted by metallica fish View Post
                      Ill be trying it when i catch one. Seem to be very few people who actually want to catch them
                      ...And eat them

Loads of em up in south west Scotland, I go up at least once a year and you can guarantee doggys, or "rock salmon" as the locals call them

Never tried them, first good review I have heard.
                      Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                      CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                        Looked and tasted nice if you look on you tube it shows the best way to skin I found putting in a bowl of boiling water then scrubbing it and the skin dropped off but give a good wash to get rid of the ammonia smell cut in chunks was like a lovely better than scampi matey
                        skinned a few for other people but never tried it myself, i'll have to give it a go after reading that.

Comment

If you go to Green Lane Chip Shop in south shields he often has Sweet William (Dog Fish), lovely fish.
                          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Always for sale in Southern chippies

Comment

doggies

I tell people about the hot water skinning method and they think im pulling there leg,it realy is easier than skinning will trie spine removing next as mine have been hit and miss too cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X